• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why would someone put a turd in the punchbowl? And how would it get there?

There's a wild explanation of the whole thing: A Siberian shaman drinks the urine of a reindeer that's been eating amanita 'shrooms from under pine trees. Wild.

Santa

Last edited:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Not sure or care who he is. Didn’t click on the link. Most of my grandkids believe in Saint Nick. . Yesterday was wonderful with the family and Saint Nick was there!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not sure or care who he is. Didn’t click on the link. Most of my grandkids believe in Saint Nick. . Yesterday was wonderful with the family and Saint Nick was there!
    Our twin 4 year old grandsons were acting up all day on Christmas Eve, so I had a buddy of mine call the house phone and ask for them by names, pretending to be Santa. I put it on speaker phone and he was telling them that he had heard that they had been misbehaving, not minding, hitting each other, etc.. He told them that they needed to start minding Mimi and Papaw not just at Christmas, but every day. Told them he wouldn't be coming until they had all their toys picked up and put away and their beds made too.

He did an awesome job. Their eyes got big and boy did they start scrambling to get everything done! :lmfao:

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    This is why i like Festivus. No mysterious man, air your grievances over dinner, and you can wrestle the kids that have been misbehaving all year.

In all seriousness i like NDT podcasts in small doses, and im aware he can be a “turd in the punch bowl” :laugh:. Like everyone else in life, i take the good with the bad lol. This was a d**k move but its not like hes telling us anything we didnt already know and lets be honest, kids that believe in Santa aren’t on Twitter lol.

Edit: Also the comments on the tweets are quite entertaining

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Well, I applaud him. Christmas isn't about Santa. Nick was at one time someone who showed acts of love. But he no longer exists. No need in leading kids on by telling them something that's not true. By all means, tell the kids who Nick was and what he did. But don't pervert the meaning of Christmas with a lie

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Well, I applaud him. Christmas isn't about Santa. Nick was at one time someone who showed acts of love. But he no longer exists. No need in leading kids on by telling them something that's not true. By all means, tell the kids who Nick was and what he did. But don't pervert the meaning of Christmas with a lie
    We all know that... but for kids they don’t quite yet grasp the concept of Christ’s birth and all incredible journey the history and that’s where we are supposed to do our part. Most little one’s fantasy and excitement doesn’t need some idiot trying to strip it away just because he obviously didn’t have a great childhood
    It’s ok. He doesn’t and won’t matter to me or if he took planet status from Pluto. There’s plenty of love at my and our family’s house hope everyone had a beautiful and merry Christmas

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There is a Santa.

At the American Legion Post where I am a member, people come by and donate food for needy families.
    We gather names of people in need, we divide the food up, and it goes to those people.
    We do not get paid for this.
    The people donating food do not get paid for this.

My neighbor across the street has adopted multiple kids.
    He does not have to. He does not get paid.
    But he was adopted. And he is passing it on.

I've seen neighbors pull each other's car out of the snow.
    I've seen neighbors shovel other neighbors driveways.

There have been car crashes where complete strangers rescue someone in need.

So.. while some may focus on the evil, and yes it is there - I do not deny it, I will focus on those that jump in to help.
    Those that give up time and/or money to help people, many times people that they don't know.

So yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
    He's just not the big jolly dude dressed in red.
    Instead, he's inside millions of people.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do you have children/G-kids...???

Solid question sir.

Sometimes putting a story like Santa out there does no harm. The tooth fairy as well. I see many positives if done with love and at the right time undoing the myth.

The terrorists (avatar) are 8 and they still have a basic belief in the myth. They had their laptops out on C-eve evening tracking Santa and having the absolute best time. Their eyes were aglow with the spirit of Christmas as a child see's it.
    I had an Ingo member come to the house on Christmas eve a few years ago in full Santa attire and he handed out the presents. They still talk about it so hey, seriously where is the harm. Where.

Next year we will start to undue all of this with who Nick was and why the spirit carries forward and put the manger/wise men into the mix. Again, where is the harm.

You are free to do as you see fit and believe as you do but brother you keep that away from the terrorists OK.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Our twin 4 year old grandsons were acting up all day on Christmas Eve, so I had a buddy of mine call the house phone and ask for them by names, pretending to be Santa. I put it on speaker phone and he was telling them that he had heard that they had been misbehaving, not minding, hitting each other, etc.. He told them that they needed to start minding Mimi and Papaw not just at Christmas, but every day. Told them he wouldn't be coming until they had all their toys picked up and put away and their beds made too.

He did an awesome job. Their eyes got big and boy did they start scrambling to get everything done! :lmfao:
    I may or may not have done similar for a preschool teacher or two.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    buzz-killington.jpg

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Do you have children/G-kids...???

Solid question sir.

Sometimes putting a story like Santa out there does no harm. The tooth fairy as well. I see many positives if done with love and at the right time undoing the myth.

The terrorists (avatar) are 8 and they still have a basic belief in the myth. They had their laptops out on C-eve evening tracking Santa and having the absolute best time. Their eyes were aglow with the spirit of Christmas as a child see's it.
    I had an Ingo member come to the house on Christmas eve a few years ago in full Santa attire and he handed out the presents. They still talk about it so hey, seriously where is the harm. Where.

Next year we will start to undue all of this with who Nick was and why the spirit carries forward and put the manger/wise men into the mix. Again, where is the harm.

You are free to do as you see fit and believe as you do but brother you keep that away from the terrorists OK.

Wise words my friend, wise words.
    Christmas and Santa Claus are a part of being a child, they will soon have to deal with all that is real. Let them be children and enjoy it while they can. They will need the memories later in life.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    There is a Santa.

At the American Legion Post where I am a member, people come by and donate food for needy families.
    We gather names of people in need, we divide the food up, and it goes to those people.
    We do not get paid for this.
    The people donating food do not get paid for this.

My neighbor across the street has adopted multiple kids.
    He does not have to. He does not get paid.
    But he was adopted. And he is passing it on.

I've seen neighbors pull each other's car out of the snow.
    I've seen neighbors shovel other neighbors driveways.

There have been car crashes where complete strangers rescue someone in need.

So.. while some may focus on the evil, and yes it is there - I do not deny it, I will focus on those that jump in to help.
    Those that give up time and/or money to help people, many times people that they don't know.

So yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
    He's just not the big jolly dude dressed in red.
    Instead, he's inside millions of people.

just a reminder

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But seriously, it's the unknown unknowns that get them every time.

I'm not sure that Dr. Tyson acknowledges the existence of unknown unknowns.

Not knowing something doesn't make it unscientific. However, assuming that we know everything and attempting to state absolute truth on that basis is, most certainly, unscientific.

Top Bottom