• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I was going to say, I like Newt, but he's probably unelectable due to decades of bad press.

That being said, I, for one, don't care who a politician is doing. I figure maybe if he screws his secretary, he'll be too busy to screw me.

I look at it this way. If he would cheat on his oath to his wife, why would he not cheat on an oath to the Constitution?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yep, he's definitely a fan of big socially conservative government.

No thanks.

Even his fiscal conservative credentials aren't much to get excited about.

In a recent Hannity interview, he said that he would be in favor of raising the debt ceiling to keep things moving, but move towards reducing the deficit.

Wow! That's just crazy talk!!

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    I really don't think Newt is electable. If we have him going up against Obama, Obama wins. Probably not a good thing.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bad form when you serve your dying wife divorce papers in the hospital because you are doing your chief of staff.

then serve her papers on the death bed?

Cite please. According to the article posted and everything I can find. He discussed the terms of the divorce while she was in the hospital recovering.

There is plenty to bash him on, no need to be untruthful about it.:popcorn:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Wow! I opened a can of worms....... :popcorn:

It's INGO if everyone here agreed it would be a boring place. You could start a thread about how the sky is blue and someone would state your an idiot, it's plainly green.

When you start talking politicians/politics it gets even worse. Almost as bad as glock vs 1911.:):

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's INGO if everyone here agreed it would be a boring place. You could start a thread about how the sky is blue and someone would state your an idiot, it's plainly green.

When you start talking politicians/politics it gets even worse. Almost as bad as glock vs 1911.:):

Please everyone that knows anything knows that Sig is better than both. P220/P226 pwns all enough said.

Thanks,
    Matthew

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Newt is a very smart man with alot of good ideas IMO. Do I believe he is electable.... no. As someone posted before, I would LOVE to see a debate between him and Obama. Newt would hand Obama his ass.:yesway:

Problem I see on here time after time after time is NO ONE is good enough to be President.:dunno: No one is perfect and I probably could dig up dirt on God if I was given enough time.:rolleyes:

Everyone needs to get off the "perfect" person for President, it isn't going to happen. Every candidate will have baggage. You simply have to vote for the one who is the closest to your beliefs/desires/good for the country, etc... Taking into account the current occupant of the White House, they also need to have SOME idea what their doing.

Reality tells you it will be a Democrat or a Republican that is elected in November 2012. Believing anything else is wishful thinking. IMO ANY of the Republicans that have announced they are running would be a MAJOR improvement over what we have now. NOT PERFECT, but better.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I'll give you a name. Mike Church.

Never heard of him.:dunno: I wish I had Sirus Radio to listen to him, as he sounds interesting.:yesway: Didn't see anything about him possibly running for POTUS though. I feel the media would have a hayday with him.

Rambone, I like Ron Paul too, but he is as unelectable as Newt. The media has made him out to look like some kind of a kook. So IMO he is unelectable.

This is why I keep coming back to using the term reality. You will have two TRULY electable candidates that will be running in November 2012. A Democrat, and a Republican. One will have to choose for one or the other. As NO third party is really capable of fielding a candidate that can really win, if more vote Democratic than Republican the outcome is obvious. THAT IMO cannot be allowed to happen. So a Republican is the only REAL alternative isn't it?

Top Bottom