• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    I already own a Springfield Loaded 1911. Since I love the features of the 1911 so much, I want to get a collection started. Anyone collecting 1911's have any ideas? I'd like to get a Commander model next.

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Your Loaded isnt a Government model?

Is it a Commander model? I dont think they make a Loaded Officer's model.

Or do you mean you want a G.I. model?

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    ok, i gotta ask, whats the big deal with 1911's? i dont get it. it seems people go crazy over them, but i just dont see why. before you guys jump on me, im not bashing 1911's. i just dont get it.

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    ok, i gotta ask, whats the big deal with 1911's? i dont get it. it seems people go crazy over them, but i just dont see why. before you guys jump on me, im not bashing 1911's. i just dont get it.
    ok, i gotta ask, whats the big deal with Polymer handguns? i dont get it. it seems people go crazy over them, but i just dont see why. before you guys jump on me, im not bashing Polymer handguns. i just dont get it.

It's all in preference and personality. Preferably, I enjoy both, but the 1911 has more of a better feel to me than any polymer handguns.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Seriously, They just rock. Name one other handgun that not only remained largly unchanged and is still in wide circulation and use but has increased in popularity for over 100 years now.

They fit like a glove, point naturally, are as acurate as you can be, proven to be reliable (even inspite of what some may say), and the .45 is imho the best pistol cartridge on the market.

Other than that they are a true piece of funtioning American history.

I do own and shoot Glocks as well but a 1911 just has somthing about it.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    polymer handguns are cheap, field strip quickly, and hold a lot of rounds. thats why i dig them.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    Seriously, They just rock. Name one other handgun that not only remained largly unchanged and is still in wide circulation and use but has increased in popularity for over 100 years now.

They fit like a glove, point naturally, are as acurate as you can be, proven to be reliable (even inspite of what some may say), and the .45 is imho the best pistol cartridge on the market.

Other than that they are a true piece of funtioning American history.

I do own and shoot Glocks as well but a 1911 just has somthing about it.

ok, im going to have to try one of these. im going to kodiak on monday afternoon, they have a s&w e series 1911 for rent, im just going to have to rent it and try it out.

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    polymer handguns are cheap, field strip quickly, and hold a lot of rounds. thats why i dig them.

And 1911's are heavy. Most think this is a downside. I sure as hell dont. But when you run out of ammo, and you will, you can use the weight of that chunk of metal n' screws and pistol whip the **** out of your assailant. Just saying.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    1911 handguns are expensive, field strip quickly, and hold 7-8 rounds. thats why i dig them. :D

man you arent kidding! they are really expensive.....i hope i hate them, that way im not drooling and lusting for one :drool:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Lots of different ways to go in a 1911 collection. I don't remember seeing what your budget is for a second gun. If it's over $1500, you might look into an original early gun. Otherwise, there are compacts, sub compacts, railed guns, different calibers and on and on. A Colt Delta Elite would be a nice addition to any collection, as would a SIG compact. Maybe something in 38 Super. Heck, you could buy hundreds of 1911s and still have no two alike.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    What are your thoughts on a sig stainless 1911? Brother in-law asked and I have no experience with one.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My bad, I confused the Government model with the Commander model.

Its all good. Honestly I was just being a smartass because someone (a well known 1911 aficionado here on INGO) did the same to me a while ago when I called a Commander an Officer.

Just pullin your chain man. :D

Anyway, what is your budget?

That would help out alot with making a recomendation.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    I have a Springfield MC Operator and just today, I bought a Kimber Tactical II. Haven't shot it yet to compare.

The Kimber looks great, the only quality difference I see is the Kimber beavertail isn't as tight as the Springfield.

Top Bottom