• redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    For those who aren't tracking.....

NFA
    The National Firearms Act ("NFA"), 73rd Congress, Sess. 2, ch. 757, 48 Stat. 1236, enacted on June 26, 1934, currently codified as amended as 26 U.S.C. ch. 53, is an Act of Congress that, in general, imposes a statutory excise tax on the manufacture and transfer of certain firearms and mandates the registration of those firearms. The Act was passed shortly after the repeal of Prohibition. The NFA is also referred to as Title II of the Federal firearms laws. The Gun Control Act of 1968 ("GCA") is Title I.All transfers of ownership of registered NFA firearms must be done through the federal NFA registry. The NFA also requires that transport of NFA firearms across state lines by the owner must be reported to the ATF.
    AOW
    A short-barreled shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip is categorized as an AOW rather than a SBS, because the Gun Control Act describes a shotgun as “…designed or redesigned to be fired from the shoulder…”
    WTH
    What the hell
    So in the firearms business we have all kinds of cool names and tag lines. And for those who don't know them we use nicknames like assault weapon of death and so on. Even NFA items like silencer...suppressor, machine gun....full-auto have cool names. But WTH, if your a midget shottie with out a butt stock your cool name gets by passed and your are labeled as just any other weapon. What a joke, and frankly I find it insulting. I think we should start a petition!

So either find another definition for AOW or create your own :D

Top Bottom