• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Am I being silly, or does it seem idiotic that my dealer just told me (after I handed him $500 for a Silencerco SS Sparrow) that he wasn't going to be done with the paperwork until next week.. (I understand there is a 5month wait ahead of me, but I'm off all this week so I could easily do all the running around to the local LEO and such... )

I might just be ranting, but it seems a bit silly. I bought a mostly complete Form 4, and the Citizenship Certification Form. All they had to do was fill in the serial number, and their ID numbers... but they didn't want to use my paperwork. :noway:

Maybe I'm just being silly, but it seems strange to me. What's your experience?

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Paperwork should be a 5 min computer type/print job, and maybe 7min with filling out print cards. You sure he had one in stock? Maybe he is waiting on the can to arrive...

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Yeah, I was holding it in my hand before I gave him the $$ -- maybe I'll give a call down there tomorrow and ask. Seems kinda crappy to me considering how much money I've given them over the years..

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Called in today. Turns out the owner is on vacation, and he is the only one authorized to sign the Form 4 --- seems kinda crazy considering how big their shop is. And they do a lot of Class III too...

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Called in today. Turns out the owner is on vacation, and he is the only one authorized to sign the Form 4 --- seems kinda crazy considering how big their shop is. And they do a lot of Class III too...[/QUOTE

That makes sense, the vacation part, cuz the forms are pretty fast and easy. ]

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Depending on what the scene is in the shop and the fact that only a few of us can sign the forms sometimes we mail them within 3 days...

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I just figure a place as large as Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka would have more than 1 person to sign these... unless they're just blowing smoke, considering the excuse yesterday was how busy they were...

:noway:

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Your average employee isn't usually designated as a "responsible party" on the FFL in my experience...

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    My experience in dealing with the Midwest in Mishawaka is that there is just one guy that does their class 3 goodies. My other experience is their class 3 prices are always to high, but INGO has spoiled me.

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    There is just one guy named Kevin. I had my suppressor transferred to them. $100 transfer fee and when I asked to see it he acted like I just kicked his dog. I told him I paid a lot of cheese for that thing and I'd like to see that it actually exists.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    There is just one guy named Kevin. I had my suppressor transferred to them. $100 transfer fee and when I asked to see it he acted like I just kicked his dog. I told him I paid a lot of cheese for that thing and I'd like to see that it actually exists.

Kevin is the guy who I spoke with yesterday who told me they were just too busy to get the paperwork done before next week... I didn't confront him at the time because I was pissed. Besides, he made it very clear his shift was up in 15 minutes and he had to go. Better to cool down and try later. Tim is who I talked to on the phone today who gave me a different story about the owner being gone.

Talk about being felt like I'm inconveniencing these guys by purchasing products from them. Mind you, they wouldn't budge off the price, which was MSRP... *sigh*

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I like Midwest, they have some pretty good sales sometimes, but it sounds like you need to find a new Class 3 dealer.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Andrew filled out my forms today in 10 minutes while I waited.:rockwoot:
    308.jpg

Last edited:

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Picked up my paperwork today. I'll be headed to the sheriff tomorrow at lunch!

I do have one question though, LGS told me that most people use actual passport photos. Seems needlessly expensive to me. Anyone ever use something printed off a color laser?

Top Bottom