• shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    form 4 suppressor
    mailed off 4.4.18
    card charged 4.12.18
    aft contacted the attorney for the estate (purchased from the estate of a friend) 12.3.18 (needed copies of the death certificate and probate paperwork), they (atf) said it should be approved in 2-4 weeks
    stamp back at the attorney 12.18.18

so a little over 8 months

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    1. NFA Item: Suppressor (Q El Camino)
    2. Form Type: Form 4

3. Transferee Type: Individual

4. Forms Sent: 2/16/2018

Check cashed: 2/28/2018
    Approved: 11/29/2018

1. NFA Item: Suppressor (Q Thunder Chicken)
    2. Form Type: Form 4

4. Forms Sent: 2/16/2018

Check cashed: 3/3/2018
    Approved: 12/12/2018

Both Can's took 10 days from approval to receive stamp at dealer.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Unless you find out it's awaiting further information...

Awaiting further information?

If there's an error in the forms or if using a trust something is missing, the dealer will be contacted and if need the dealer will contact you

Most of the time when you call the ATF will just say they're waiting for the FBI to run the background check

The only time where it would be beneficial to call is after a long, long time to find out that you were approved and the stamp got lost in the mail (which you'd find this out a minimum of 30 days after approval and the dealer never received the stamp).

With the inconsistent wait times, you'd have to wait 9-10 months before the possible option of it getting lost in the mail and even then they could still say they're awaiting FBI approval

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Awaiting further information?

If there's an error in the forms or if using a trust something is missing, the dealer will be contacted and if need the dealer will contact you

Most of the time when you call the ATF will just say they're waiting for the FBI to run the background check

The only time where it would be beneficial to call is after a long, long time to find out that you were approved and the stamp got lost in the mail (which you'd find this out a minimum of 30 days after approval and the dealer never received the stamp).

With the inconsistent wait times, you'd have to wait 9-10 months before the possible option of it getting lost in the mail and even then they could still say they're awaiting FBI approval

There are a few cases on here where the dealer didn't call to let the buyer know they needed a signature or some other info. It's beneficial to track monthly with a call.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Are people still getting approved with the "soft" shutdown..?

Hard to say. Shutdown started on 12/21 right? Any approvals after 12/21 wouldn't hit dealers till probably today. Usually about 7 business days is the minimum time frame to receive a stamp. I've read over on NFA tracker that NFA branch is still answering the phones as of yesterday

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    1. NFA Item: Silencer
    2. Form Type: Form 3
    4. Forms Sent: 4/20/2018 (tax stamp cashed(form 4) on 5/6/18)
    5. Pending Date: TBD
    6. Approved Date: TBD
    7. Forms Received: 5/14/2018
    8. Transferror/Maker Letter: L
    9. Examiner Name: Unknown
    10. Notes: See ** below

I went through SilencerShop. They have a kiosk at my local shop. The employees had a lot of good advice for using the kiosk too. IE: the fingerprinting and photos. My Form 3 was disposed to the dealer on 5/14/18 (via the notes in the silencershop website). I followed up in January with my local shop and they said my current wait time is typical. I got in contact with silencershop through Instagram and got the same feedback from them on the wait time. I asked about any new notes or flags and they said there were none.

Is there a current US record for longest wait time?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    1. NFA Item: Silencer
    2. Form Type: Form 3
    4. Forms Sent: 4/20/2018 (tax stamp cashed(form 4) on 5/6/18)
    5. Pending Date: TBD
    6. Approved Date: TBD
    7. Forms Received: 5/14/2018
    8. Transferror/Maker Letter: L
    9. Examiner Name: Unknown
    10. Notes: See ** below

I went through SilencerShop. They have a kiosk at my local shop. The employees had a lot of good advice for using the kiosk too. IE: the fingerprinting and photos. My Form 3 was disposed to the dealer on 5/14/18 (via the notes in the silencershop website). I followed up in January with my local shop and they said my current wait time is typical. I got in contact with silencershop through Instagram and got the same feedback from them on the wait time. I asked about any new notes or flags and they said there were none.

Is there a current US record for longest wait time?

You're not even at a year yet. I think that May 2018 submissions are being approved now

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Ughhhhh, getting tired of waiting for my tax stamp... check was cashed beginning of May. Was hoping it would take just 6 months like my first one did.

Top Bottom