• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I am not a fan of putting my SS# on anything I don't absolutely have to do.

Anyone have experience with quick approvals or delays based on SS# or not on fingerprint cards?
    I always wondered about this, too. As far as I know there's only one other person in the country with my exact name - so I kind of feel like I could get away not putting my SSN on the paperwork but have never tried it.

Maybe I will on my next one just to see what happens if nobody here has done it.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    This is ridiculous. I am usually pretty patient, especially with ATF waiting. People are getting turn arounds in days. My individual Eform4 is at 180 days. Since November. I hate to bother the dealer. I have also heard of dealers not getting notified of approvals. They sign in and just find them approved.

I guess it could be worse.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    This is ridiculous. I am usually pretty patient, especially with ATF waiting. People are getting turn arounds in days. My individual Eform4 is at 180 days. Since November. I hate to bother the dealer. I have also heard of dealers not getting notified of approvals. They sign in and just find them approved.

Bother your dealer! Any responsible dealer won't mind getting phone calls and emails, and it's easy to check on the status by calling the ATF. All SOTs have the number and call at least a few times a month. It's LITERALLY our job to do so.

If your dealer gets crappy with you, you picked the wrong dealer.

Also, if your dealer "misses" your approval, they're worthless. It's front and center in their email at the time of approval.

Last edited:

wildcatfan

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 18, 2021
    Muncie

You can email the NICS liaison at the FBI and see if there's any pending background checks, then call or email the ATF then email your congressman or senator and have them check on it. That usually speeds things along.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Bother your dealer! Any responsible dealer won't mind getting phone calls and emails, and it's easy to check on the status by calling the ATF. All SOTs have the number and call at least a few times a month. It's LITERALLY our job to do so.

If your dealer gets crappy with you, you picked the wrong dealer.

Also, if your dealer "misses" your approval, they're worthless. It's front and center in their email at the time of approval.
    He said some are moving really fast... But not mine.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    You can email the NICS liaison at the FBI and see if there's any pending background checks, then call or email the ATF then email your congressman or senator and have them check on it. That usually speeds things along.
    Do you have an email address for them? I have not heard about contacting the FBI. Years ago I did contact my senator and worked out well. (The ATF lost checks and paperwork, several times.)

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    FORM 4 SBR
    EFILED 4-13-24
    Mailed FP cards and arrived 4-17-24
    Approved 4/24/24
    7 business day!!!

And a BIG THANK YOU to Andrew over at Whitetail Trading Company! :bacondance::wow::ingo:
    My 7th NFA item and by far the smoothest!
    Went through another Indiana dealer and it was a **** show! Never received a cover letter and resulted in having to mail FP cards two separate times.

Now waiting for huxwrx to get my Ventum 762 to my dealer. Hoping for another fast approval!

Top Bottom