• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    This was a calculated move by the AMVETS to get a bunch of free advertising. Locally, the American Legion or VFW does a much better job of assisting veterans, than the AMVETS.

That said, I have not watched an NFL game all year. They can all go choke on their wads of cash, for all I care. Unpatriotic bunch of rich spoiled brats.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    They didn't let Daniel Defense advertise a couple of years ago because they are a "family" show. I guess they forgot to tell the halftime acts. And Fiat, and half the rest of their advertisers.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They didn't let Daniel Defense advertise a couple of years ago because they are a "family" show. I guess they forgot to tell the halftime acts. And Fiat, and half the rest of their advertisers.

Yes, the “wall” ad from last year wasn’t political at all. At all I tell you.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In an unrelated story: the National Football League announced Thursday it will include Medal of Honor recipients in next month’s Super Bowl.

Hershel “Woody” Williams, 94, who fought in the Battle of Iwo Jima during World War II, and other Medal of Honor recipients will participate in the coin toss ceremony prior to the Feb. 4 game between the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots in Minneapolis, the league announced.
    I wonder how many of Goodell's minions (or the kneelers for that manner) know what Iwo Jima is, it's strategic importance in the Pacific Theater; let alone that we lost 800 for every square mile of that island.
    But the NFL rejected the submission, maintaining that the Super Bowl shouldn’t be a vessel for political messages. AMVETS regarded the rejection as “corporate censorship.”

After relenting to criticism, the NFL announced it would honor the military by including Williams and 14 other Medal of Honor recipients in the Super Bowl coin toss ceremony.

Super Bowl to include salute to Medal of Honor recipients | Fox News

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In an unrelated story: the National Football League announced Thursday it will include Medal of Honor recipients in next month’s Super Bowl.

Hershel “Woody” Williams, 94, who fought in the Battle of Iwo Jima during World War II, and other Medal of Honor recipients will participate in the coin toss ceremony prior to the Feb. 4 game between the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots in Minneapolis, the league announced.
    I wonder how many of Goodell's minions (or the kneelers for that manner) know what Iwo Jima is, it's strategic importance in the Pacific Theater; let alone that we lost 800 for every square mile of that island.
    But the NFL rejected the submission, maintaining that the Super Bowl shouldn’t be a vessel for political messages. AMVETS regarded the rejection as “corporate censorship.”

After relenting to criticism, the NFL announced it would honor the military by including Williams and 14 other Medal of Honor recipients in the Super Bowl coin toss ceremony.

Super Bowl to include salute to Medal of Honor recipients | Fox News

Probably no more or no less than the average person.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I’m not quite sure I understand your comment. Are you saying that MOH recipients are “no more or less than the average person” ?

He bolded what he was referring to....the assumption that by working for the NFL, you must be ignorant of history. In the biz, that's what we call a non sequitur​.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Top Bottom