• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I had WMD Guns NiB-X my Glock 17 slide a couple years ago. Seen quite a bit of use and still looks great. I am very happy with it. I only had them do the slide, not the barrel, etc.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15813&d=1354664775

Above is a picture of mine. It doesn't look quite like standard nickel, it has a tiny bit of a bronze tone to it. Hard to describe. It is a more matte finish. I really like it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Both my G23 and G19 have a Nib-X coating. I have a Sig 1911 that's completely done in Nib-X. All of them clean up very easily and all look better for the coating. The G19 needed broken in before it would function reliably, but now that it's done, I'm happy to have the coating on the guns. All of mine were bought new that way, so I cannot add anything regarding what it's like to have a gun done, but sooner or later I'll send my CZ 75B Compact off to be done. Someday.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    $80 for slide only. $120 for slide and barrel. $150 for slide, barrel, and internals on a polymer gun. $210 for the complete pistol on a steel or aluminum gun. You can get the price list from the WMD link in the OP.

How long before you had your gun back in your hands?

In your opinion, if i bought a used glock do you believe it would still have same results as a new gun?

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I honestly don't remember how long it took, it was a couple years ago. I seem to recall it only took 2-4 weeks. I'm sure you could call WMD and ask what the turnaround is. I owned and used my Glock for quite a while before having the slide done. I don't see why the results would be any different on a used gun. They will strip the parts to bare metal before coating, so it will be bare metal being treated just like it would at the factory.

Top Bottom