• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strong89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    My grandmother at the age of 87 sat me and my dad down this past weekend... She has asked us many times before what we want when she is gone. I wanted my grandpas single shot .22 pistol, and my dad wanted the two bayonets for WW2... Anyways this last weekend she sat us down and handed us what we wanted the pistol and the bayonets. I was totally in shock and frankly scared because she always said we'd never get em til she was dead, but she is still alive today. Love that woman. Just remember if ya bug em enough about what ya want you will eventually get it. Y'all have a good day, thanks for reading.

Shawno31b

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, not gonna lie I don't want my kid bugging me all the time or he won't get anything. I especially don't big my grandma about getting my grandpas guns. I'm not in any hurry. But right on for getting some cool stuff.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    For real???? Go F yourself.

Having lost most of my grandparents, I didn't want a damn one of their possessions, I just wanted them still here..... you are a disgrace :xmad::xmad:

:dunno:Really? A little harsh on the op don't you think? You sound like a real nice guy, hope I never meet you.

Op, I do agree that, bugging your Grandma for something is not the right way of doing things, remember, if Grandma says no then she means no. Now go tell her you are sorry and give her a big hug.

jwglock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Lafayette area

Having lost most of my grandparents, I didn't want a damn one of their possessions, I just wanted them still here..... you are a disgrace :xmad::xmad:

I agree! Some ppl need to hear the truth. We've raised too many generations of whinyass crybabies. Grow up, work hard & buy your own stuff.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

I think you're being a little hard on him. After all, she asked him what he wanted, not the other way around. I think he was expressing his gratitude and appreciation by publicly thanking her via a post, even if his humor is a little off color. There's a lot of off-color humor around INGO. Doesn't mean he doesn't love her or want her to live as long as possible.

strong89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    When I say bugging her in reality everytime she asked us we'd tell her the same thing. Everytime so it's really not bugging. Yes I love that woman. She wanted to give us those items so there was no arguments within the family. But thanks jwglock and josh ward for your input.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Uncle Dick passed summer before last. Aunt Shirley says I have some firearms to pick up when I can. Now, I LOVE me some firearms, But I'd give away every one for another weekend sitting around with my dad, my uncles Jim, Tom, and Dick, (the four horsemen) and uncle Joe. And I would. So I appreciate what you mean, OP.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been exposed to quite a few families with loved ones near the end of their time. A very large percentage of older people who are dying from natural causes seem to have a knowledge when their time is coming to an end.

When an elderly person calls and wants you to visit, many times they know that they need to say good bye and close some loose ends. Just follow their lead and do not ignore them, even if it requires some sacrifice on your part. Sometimes those loose ends may be unpleasant, but are needed for the elders to die with peace.

It is very hard to live with regrets after the death of a family member

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Remember to say 'I love you grandma,' everytime you see her. She would appreciate it and it's music to her old ears. I don't have my grandparents or my parents anymore. Just brothers and sisters now. All my brothers have guns and I will leave mine to my son who is in the army now, basing in South Korea.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I have been exposed to quite a few families with loved ones near the end of their time. A very large percentage of older people who are dying from natural causes seem to have a knowledge when their time is coming to an end.

When an elderly person calls and wants you to visit, many times they know that they need to say good bye and close some loose ends. Just follow their lead and do not ignore them, even if it requires some sacrifice on your part. Sometimes those loose ends may be unpleasant, but are needed for the elders to die with peace.

It is very hard to live with regrets after the death of a family member

This. My Mom wasn't Old @ 67 when she died, but I still believe she knew it was coming. She knew I was coming to visit and I had some things in my safe that she called and asked me to bring up with me so she could get them the people she wanted to have them. She also gave me the ring she has worn since I can remember, I told her I didn't want it now, but she insisted. A week later she was gone. I'd give anything to have a bit more time, but the memories are always here

Top Bottom