• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Anyone else attend their local Night Out Against Crime? I took my family to the little event in Brownsburg, and had a nice time. They had a live band going, and a bounce house for the kids. We walked around for about an hour, chatting with folks at various booths. Several local churches were there, a bunch of local businesses, and (of course) Brownsburg Police and Fire departments. My girl got to walk though their big Emergency Response truck, which thrilled her to death (she loves fire trucks). Brownsburg's ERT had their toys out on display (riot shields, grenade launchers, and a few evil black rifles), and I stopped to say "Hi" and "thanks". BPD seems to run a pretty tight ship, and are a great bunch of guys (and gals).

Also stopped by the Rokita, Pence, and Murdock booths. Another nice group of folks. Didn't see any booths for the Democrats. ;)

I'm guessing these "small town" community events are much different than those in Indy. Had more of a county fair atmosphere. It was a nice evening out.

OC-ed as well. Not a single comment, even while shaking the hand of a uniformed officer.

+1 to BPD and the Town of Brownsburg for a nice little gathering.

billcollector

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    NW Indiana
    I actually helped put on our Local NNO event with the PD. I am part of the FD and we decided that our little town needed it. We started with a kids (and parents) bike ride to all the town parks (small town) and then we ended at the bigest of the parks and had a few bands play and small festivities. It is a GREAT program and I am glad to see your town particpates.:yesway::yesway:

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    I just seen the town of Lowell was having a town night out. I think that is great to see people face to face and know who and what is out there.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    BBurg is pretty good about getting the PD to interface with the community. Events like this and the kids police/fire camp in the summer (which both of my daughters love) are great opportunities to dispel the "jackbooted-thug" stereotype.

Top Bottom