• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JML

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Southside
    I'm wanting to upgrade from my factory polymer sights to a set of night sights on my glock.Can't really decide which brand/company is the better choice.Is there any companies better than the other? What night sights do you prefer on your glocks?

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I have Trijicon's on my G22 and only have experience with Trijicon night sights. From the research I've done, you can flip a coin between Meprolight and Trijicon because they are both great. Meprolight apparently also supplies the tritium tubes for Glock OEM, which come with a lifetime warranty if that makes any difference. :)

ETA: Meprolight uses an epoxy coated lens over the tritium tubes while Trijicon uses a sapphire lens, which to some people say make them seem brighter.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Don't forget about Ameriglo. They use the Trijicon inserts but can be had in the operator format. It has a narrower front blade and a wider rear notch. Also can be had without the white ring around the rear inserts.

I replaced the mepros on my Glocks with the operators. I just like a little more light on each side of the front blade instead of a solid block across.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I haven't really found a "bad" night sight supplier. It depends mostly on what configuration you're wanting.

Currently I'm using Ameriglo "Hack" sights.

2a0m6wp.jpg

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    If I remember correctly, Trijicons have a 10 yr warranty and Mepro has a 5 yr. As I understood the warranty it was from date of manufacture not sale and it was to guarantee the service life (glow) of the sight.
    Trijicon seems to typically retail higher than Mepro but you can find either on sale somewhere if you use your 'Google-fu'.
    Having installed both recent manufacture on Glocks at same time, the Trijicon seemed to glow brighter. Not a very scientific comparison, but was my experience.

Stay safe

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    How difficult are these to install? Can they be done by an amateur owner or is professional installation a good idea?

Anyone ever use the Heinie night sights?

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    I am a fan of novak night sights. I highly recommend getting a sight tool and front sight wrench to install the sights if you plan to do it yourself. I have installed them before using a punch and hammer but you are really running a risk of causing damage to the gun and the sights if you do so.

Top Bottom