• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    So i got this mobthly spam letter from nipsco..for those that are down south or far east, NIPSCO is our gas and electric company up north. They want people to sign up for this garbage and charge even more for renewable energy...another 23cents a therm for gas. Apparently they got some really stupid people that have signed up for this nonsense. 8 or 9 months of the year, i pay more in storage and pipeline transportation fees than i do for gas. Here's a copy n paste of it.
    Reduce your carbon footprint
    with Green PathSM​
    ADKq_NaORaeeevZuIjgs0wjIFMhMPgM-cIGoxkG6la71X55gk4zVh5hhFn_1LGCKFWNQGuuTP6tpfu8tGAOFknXfFai9hAcMdELk6SGvS2d-Uh5oZe_jrwhXvpgyBEacLtJwaxqzQJOxiXuQoR7hHCd-vtEHvwFbpV81HpWBvOwuKFt6=s0-d-e1-ft
    Green PathSM, our voluntary program, supplements your natural gas usage with a combination of renewable natural gas (RNG) attributes and carbon offsets1 to allow you to effectively offset the carbon emissions of your natural gas usage.

If you choose to enroll, an additional cost of $0.225 per therm will be added as a new line item to your billing statement, based on your selected participation level. Your selected participation level is the percentage of your monthly natural gas therm usage that you designate to participate in the Green PathSM program.​

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    They are nuts. I also pay more for service fee than for gas most of the year. I am with Center Point energy. All that insulation and other upgrades and I still pay more, but they tell us we age getting a real bargain on the gas we use.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    They are nuts. I also pay more for service fee than for gas most of the year. I am with Center Point energy. All that insulation and other upgrades and I still pay more, but they tell us we age getting a real bargain on the gas we use.
    Wow, i spent about a week 4yrs ago doing blown insulation in our house. 18 to 20" in attic and removed sections of siding, drilled 4" holes in old wood siding. Was a pain, but i got it done myself. Was around $700 in materials. This house had no insulation what so ever and what the attic had looked like the grey corn cob material. Nipsco was about $275 on average in winter our first year here...now runs about $180 to 225. House is very easy to keep warm in winter and much easier to cool. Only reason i found out no insulation in outer wall was because i was putting an outlet in daughters room and only seen the old beautiful 40's pine wood inside the wall...

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom