• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    This is an example of how government is totally out of control. Many Seaside Heights NJ residents whose homes were severely damaged by hurricane Sandy were allowed to return to their homes this past weekend for the first time as VP Biden toured the damage. You can just imagine their reaction when they found notices on their homes telling them they had 15 days to fix their home or they would be subject to fines of $2,000 per week or have their home demolished by the city.

:facepalm:

Seaside Heights Gives Victims 15 Day Notice on Demolitions; Threatens Fines | Toms River News

I searched and I don't believe this is a dupe.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Isn't is nice that all those east coast liberal democrats are so kind and understanding? It took me 2 weeks in Indiana just to get three quotes on a roofing job. And we didn't even have an emergency.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    looks like someone in government is itching to eminent domain all the property for some sweetheart deal.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm still dealing with insurance over a month after some hail damage. No chance I'll get any repairs done for at least another month.

I'm guessing the neighborhood LOVED this ordinance when they could brow-beat their unruly neighbors with it. You know - make sure everyone's home looked nice at all times. Now that it is being enforced on EVERYONE, they are upset. The rule of unintended consequences strikes again.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I'm still dealing with insurance over a month after some hail damage. No chance I'll get any repairs done for at least another month.

I'm guessing the neighborhood LOVED this ordinance when they could brow-beat their unruly neighbors with it. You know - make sure everyone's home looked nice at all times. Now that it is being enforced on EVERYONE, they are upset. The rule of unintended consequences strikes again.

Yep. Be careful what you ask for! Also, be careful of how much power you give elected officials as it may be used against you when you least expect it.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Sandy Victim - It took till Last Thursday to even get a claims adjuster here. I'm still waiting for him to contact me back with the list of approved tree removal crews. 15 days? I suppose if you dump golden eggs.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

I'm assuming this is the case more often than not.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

This. The only good thing to come of this is watching those Nazi neighbors who have code enforcement on speed dial squirm.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I assumed that everything had already been repaired out there since Governor Christie has time to hang out on SNL and yuck it up so much...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    leaving homeowners in a difficult position with very little time to decide what to do before their homes are demolished by the township

One of these days, government bureaucrats are going to **** someone off who has nothing left to lose. I'm sure that could be a great many of those in this township. Then these government bureaucrat bullies will be the ones bullied.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This honestly doesn't bother me. What's he supposed to do?

He's supposed to sit and fret over every detail that he has no control over until everyone is happy and never make a joke or light of any situation ever.

Duh..... you're not very smart are you? :laugh: Add purple as you feel is necessary.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Don't move to an area that would be susceptible to a hurricane or take your chances. People in NW Indiana suffered through 18 inches of rainfall in a 24 hour period and had flooded out homes, lived without power for two weeks. Build your house on stilts and make it out of poured concrete walls like they do in the Keys. Coming down the road will be the drought stricken Central Plain and the return of the Dustbowl. Then CA will have an earthquake and shake everything down to the ground. Then more tornadoes in the SE region. Then a massive winter storm will shut down the Midwest. Then...

Take the lumps that nature throws at you and move on or move out and quit complaining. It ain't Haiti

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    He's supposed to sit and fret over every detail that he has no control over until everyone is happy and never make a joke or light of any situation ever.

Duh..... you're not very smart are you? :laugh: Add purple as you feel is necessary.

You would be the first one here to say that.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    One of these days, government bureaucrats are going to **** someone off who has nothing left to lose. I'm sure that could be a great many of those in this township. Then these government bureaucrat bullies will be the ones bullied.

NJ has gone to great lengths to try and disarm its citizens, but I'm sure some still have a few weapons stashed (if they didn't lose them in the flooding).

Top Bottom