• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    I work nights and was listening to George Noorey Coast to Coast, for those of you unfamiliar with George he is a conspiracy theory, alien, paranormal show on the radio station 93.1 after 11Pm to 5 AM. Anyway he had a state legislator from wyoming on. I could not hear the entire show because of my working but what I got from it is that any gun made in wyoming need not be registered or restricted by any federal gun laws. I would asume this includes full auto. Has anyone else heard about this. The legislator said there had been no response from the federal goverment and that wyoming was mearly testing the water.:patriot::yesway::rockwoot::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::rockwoot::dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Perhaps you mean Montana?

2. The legislation is wishful thinking. Consider this: if the Supreme Court believes that growing a peck or two of wheat for personal eating or marijuana for personal smoking impacts Interstate Commerce, don't you think a rifle or pistol manufactured would impact Interstate Commerce?

Don't get me wrong, the Interstate Commerce Clause has been turned into the Big Hammer of Unlimited Government, but the Wookie Suiters pushing this wishful thinking legislation are way out of bounds and in a galaxy far, far away if they think this will work.

My old professor, Randy Barnett, has it right. One needs to amend the Constitution to put the ICC genie back in the bottle.

The Bill of Federalism | As Proposed by Professor Randy Barnett

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    The US Supreme Court kills any chance of this and they always have. They ruled early in the 1900s that a farmer growing corn for his own livestock was impacting the free market and had to pay taxes on it. Why? Well had he not been growing his own corn, he would have been buying it.

If any of these states want to sell intrastate with no tax and no regulation, the FED will definitely say they are then buying guns in state that they would normally buy out of state and pay tax on. By removing these people from the free market, they are affecting the free market.

This won't ever happen. I'm sorry but it won't.

FYI I brought this up to a friend. He graduated Sigma *** Laude from Harvard Law last year. He explained to me why things like this will NEVER fly.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The reason these things fail are because too many people are afraid to stand up to the federal government. I hold these states in highest regard that are willing to challenge the feds, and go against those who say it can't be done.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    No, this will fail for the same reason you will fail when you jump off of the garage with a cape around your neck.

A strong unbreakable power, gravity, is not going to give in to your wants and desires. Just as the US supreme court is not going to give in to any state's wishes- the rebuttal for this has already been written into law and it's already been fought.

RIF

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    This won't ever happen. I'm sorry but it won't.

FYI I brought this up to a friend. He graduated Sigma *** Laude from Harvard Law last year. He explained to me why things like this will NEVER fly.

Montana has already said this isn't about guns but State Sovereignty issues.

Question is, what will happen when the feds try and take a Montana man into custody and the Montana State Police step in front of him and say "no".

THAT my friends is where the USSC decision means jack and $hit.

The black robed tyrants in DC rulings mean nothing without their armed jack boots enforcing their decrees.

When push comes to shove, someone is going to back down. As pissed off as most in Montana are right now, I think it'll be the feds.

They've backed off (by default) over the pot in kali, this will be no different... unless they want Montana to secede and if Montana does several other states will follow. Yet another question... what happens then?

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    What happens then is you give up social security, new paved roads, help in a national disaster like a tornado or flood, protection from CAN if they decide to invade etc.

You also no longer vote for president and the rest of the USA around you goes a direction you cannot help with...

All of Montana's money is worthless as well... Probably won't be accepted by another state even when they do print new cash...

The pot thing is about illegal versus legal and there's a lot to be debated and a lot of police needed to enforce.

A gun company selling without background checks? How about a few vans of ATF driving into the business and stopping it. Your state police won't stop them. You act like the "thugs" in DC would have to come up with balls to march in. No, they have them. The state police would have to come up with the balls to stand up to the ATF and ICE now wouldn't they?

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    What happens then is you give up social security, new paved roads, help in a national disaster like a tornado or flood, protection from CAN if they decide to invade etc.
    Excellent! How do I sign up?
    You also no longer vote for president and the rest of the USA around you goes a direction you cannot help with...
    How do you figure this?
    All of Montana's money is worthless as well... Probably won't be accepted by another state even when they do print new cash...
    Why? They'll be the same worthless fiat dollars you spend now.
    The pot thing is about illegal versus legal and there's a lot to be debated and a lot of police needed to enforce.
    The pot thing is no different as the federal government has no authority there either.
    A gun company selling without background checks? How about a few vans of ATF driving into the business and stopping it. Your state police won't stop them. You act like the "thugs" in DC would have to come up with balls to march in. No, they have them. The state police would have to come up with the balls to stand up to the ATF and ICE now wouldn't they?
    Yeah, guess they would. Ya think the ATF has the balls to march in on most of the state of Montana?

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Are you seriously this ******?

Pot? It's illegal. The USSC has jurisdiction when people TAKE it to the USSC.

You really think if a state "seceded" from the US and it's federal government they'd get to still elect leaders?

You think the ATF would have to invade the entire state? No. As soon as they seceded citing freedoms for gun manufacture and sale etc., the ATF would seize the manufacturers, just like I said. What makes you think it would have to be the whole state? Is everyone manufacturing?

Come up with something sensible or I'm not replying to you anymore and you're not to take that as a victory.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

You do realize that when Montana refused to set speed limits it LOST federal highway money, don't you? They seem to have gotten along fine with out it.

Social insecurity? What sort of sucker idiot thinks it's going to be around for people like me? Early 30's? you've got to be kidding, the retirement age will be 90 and it'll buy me a half gallon of milk... if I'm lucky.

Any invaders have to go thru Canada or the US... Not likely... besides, like Switerzland, nobody wants to f' with a country full of riflemen.

We got obama last year... really think Montana's 3 electoral votes mean that much? HA!

JSGOLFMAN is right on the nose. Fiat is Fiat. All Montana would have to do is back their dollar by a 1/100000 of an ounce of copper and it'd be worth more than the USD, lol

Montana is a long way from DC. Local ATF who run in Montana aren't stupid. It's a long drive out of Montana if some fed's start shooting up the local LEO's.

Look for the army to mobilize first, lol.

Seriously, it's all hypothetical banter. The idea you are so entrenched to think that getting out from under the federal boot of taxation is a bad thing is unbelievable.

Montana would be richer if they didn't have all their money sucked out by the fed and then the better part of it divvied up to places like NYC and new orleans.

I'll move tomorrow if they secede.

gunrunner0320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Anderson
    i hope indiana looks into passing a bill like this to. there will be more states falling inline with it as time go,s on. so y not ? every little bite helps,

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think the USA needs some good ol' secession(s).
    We have a pretty stale 50 state republic the way it is. Stale as in 50 years old, and stale mate a lot of times in the we vs them category.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Are you seriously this ******?

Pot? It's illegal. The USSC has jurisdiction when people TAKE it to the USSC.

You really think if a state "seceded" from the US and it's federal government they'd get to still elect leaders?

You think the ATF would have to invade the entire state? No. As soon as they seceded citing freedoms for gun manufacture and sale etc., the ATF would seize the manufacturers, just like I said. What makes you think it would have to be the whole state? Is everyone manufacturing?

Come up with something sensible or I'm not replying to you anymore and you're not to take that as a victory.

1. Pot? The USSC found that the pot grown in California is undistinguishable from pot grown elsewhere, therefore it could be used in interstate commerce and thus the feds must be able to regulate both to uphold drug laws. The Montana bill would require a "Made in Montana" stamp making the firearms clearly distinguishable from those made in other states.
    2. I don't recall seeing the word secede anywhere, it's about weapons made and sold in state.
    3. From point #2, how does that cost the people their right to vote?
    4. The ATF wouldn't march anywhere without a finding from the courts. We are talking about a sovereign state, not joe six pack.
    5. If you want to discuss the issue rationally, I'm all for it. If you want to continue in your current tone and demeanor, please do stop replying.

Top Bottom