• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'd like someone who is in favor of mandatory firearms education/qualification before being allowed to carry to please demonstrate how this increases safety. If the training truly has all of the benefits that you claim, there must be a clear distinction between the states like MN who requires an 8 hour class (one of the longest in the nation, IIRC) and retraining/requal. every time you go to renew and states like Indiana which has NO training requirement. Please cite the examples and statistics that say that those with CCW's in training states are more responsible than CCW'ers in training-free states.

Fact of the matter is, there's no correlation. It's bad enough when rights are infringed upon when it can actually be demonstrated that it makes things safer. It's worse when those who actually support those rights propose that they be infringed upon despite no provable benefit.

To me, that's no worse than Pat Quinn, the governor of Illinois saying that Illinois should not have concealed carry because, "If there was concealed carry, and you run into someone in the grocery store, they might pull a gun."

If there is going to be ANY restriction or impediment to the exercise of our rights (which I don't think there should be. Liberty has some risks, whose benefits far outweigh the negatives), there should absolutely be a PROVABLE, distinct public interest, which no one who advocates training can cite.
    I agree....however times have changed and most of the sheeple don't know squat. Until we are back on track I like the idea of a class. Perhaps a written test much like a DL, if you pass you move on to the next step, fail and you take the class. At the first gunshow I went to after the last pres. election, I saw literally HUNDREDS of hi-points walking out the door so I found the booth they were coming from and stood there a while....9 out of 10 purchasers had no clue. Didn't know the functioning components or the difference between mags and clips, no trigger discipline, no muzzle control and likely hadn't even heard those terms before (probably still haven't), AND not the slightest clue about the law. Many were turned away due to the fact that they didn't even know it requires a permit to carry OR a permit to purchase to obtain a handgun from an FFL holder in MN. I think it would be a good thing for our cause if we had fewer uneducated sheep walking around with guns, they give us ALL a bad name even if it is just around the water cooler at work spewing misinformation. We didn't lose our rights all at once, it was gradual, for that reason I believe a graduated approach to restoring them will be more likely to succeed.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I could be wrong but I think basically he's saying everybody should mind their own business and not venture out of their little cubical in life. After all, Wisconsin laws could'nt possibly have any effect on people from out of state because as we all know nobody in their right mind would have a plausible reason to visit there.

Huh? :dunno: I was born and raised there. We took our shotguns to school and kept them in our lockers so we could hunt out back after school.... only 20 miles west of Milwaukee. I could not think of a better place to have been raised as a sportsman.

To this day Wisconsin STILL builds schools with shooting ranges and encourages firearm education and shooting sports within its schools. We shot rifles and bows in our gym starting in 6th grade. Hunter's Safety was taught every year starting at age 12.

The CCW thing in WI puzzles me, but not really if you look at the political & population centers of Madison and Milwaukee. They have legal carry. I'm happy. :twocents:

Oh... and then there's the PACKERS! :D A great reason to visit!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Huh? :dunno: I was born and raised there. We took our shotguns to school and kept them in our lockers so we could hunt out back after school.... only 20 miles west of Milwaukee. I could not think of a better place to have been raised as a sportsman.

To this day Wisconsin STILL builds schools with shooting ranges and encourages firearm education and shooting sports within its schools. We shot rifles and bows in our gym starting in 6th grade. Hunter's Safety was taught every year starting at age 12.

The CCW thing in WI puzzles me, but not really if you look at the political & population centers of Madison and Milwaukee. They have legal carry. I'm happy. :twocents:

WI has ALWAYS had legal carry, but NOW you need a permit whereas before you didn't. I and my friends have legally carried in 'sconny for YEARS. I lived in MN for a combined total of 20+years, WI was the only place to get beer on Sundays or after 8pm on weekdays.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

The last part of my other post was made in the spirit of purple :yesway: GO!! CHEESE!!

Top Bottom