• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Speaking 'hypothetically" here. Store has a sign no dogs allowed. You bring your dog in .The owner asks you to leave. Store owner has some rights. The sign outside is not a decoration it's telling you they don't want you carrying inside. Hey, we live in a society with people who don't feel comfortable with people carrying sidearms. You do have choices .Leave it in the car or go somewhere else.

Not the same. Depending on the type of store, a dog can be a public health issue, along with those that have allergies. I have never seen or heard tell of a gun causing contamination to food items, or causing an allergic reaction.

Keep in mind, by law, service animals can not be denied entry to any establishment.

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To Mvolz (et alia),

As I understand it MOST signs in Indiana have no force of law, although as others have mentioned if caught and asked to leave can result in criminal charges by failure to comply.

HOWEVER, it is my understanding that if the sign says (in shorter language than this): "Firearms are not allowed on this property. Anyone carrying a firearm is immediately considered to be trespassing." In those rare cases where the sign is worded just right then a person may be arrested on the spot. A lawyer or LEO should feel free to set me straight if I am in error.

Regarding the dog analogy let us not forget our disabled neighbors who cannot, by law (IC 16-32-3) be denied their service animals. While some caveats exist in most cases a dog or any animal that is a service animal must be allowed to accompany the owner without any special treatment or additional fees.

Regards,

Doug

JMWetzel89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I see your from Brookville. I am as well any buildings in our area that have said signs that made you ask? The only one I can think of is the court house.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I know there is prob. a thread here somewhere about this, but I failed to find it. I'm not really new here, I just don't post much. I mainly just read the vast knowledge here Lol. Can anyone shed any light on the issue of no gun signs? Is there any legal strength to these or just for looks? Thanks for any info.

Always carry, never tell.

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Like the comment about the concealed dog:) I'm assuming it is a Mauser. It was only a hypothetical situation. Nothing against dogs. Could as well have been "no shirt,no shoes,no service". My point is just go somewhere else. We talk about our freedoms,we have to respect others also. The chances of you having to draw and use your weapon while shopping at Victoria's Secret is probably slim to none

Well as I said, you securely hold the moral high ground on this one. To me it's a value judgement not a moral one, I value my protection more than I value store owners' silly pr concerns. And yes, I fully understand I don't often HAVE to go into any given store but Meh. No one knows, no one cares.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    As for the Post Office, when they post their sign (which I couldn't find at mine) they are posting only part of the law, and being very selective which part. Having read the whole law, I'm not sure it means what they think it means. In other words, carry may well be OK with LTCH. I'm not disposed to be the test case, though.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    As for the Post Office, when they post their sign (which I couldn't find at mine) they are posting only part of the law, and being very selective which part. Having read the whole law, I'm not sure it means what they think it means. In other words, carry may well be OK with LTCH. I'm not disposed to be the test case, though.

My lawyer thinks it means what they think it means, so I'm not going to test it right now.

I think a test case would come out in our favor, due to federal recognition of carry licenses in GFSZA and federal park statutes, but I'm not currently in a position to fight about firearm rights again.

Top Bottom