• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My first pistol, I would, at times, "Mexican carry" as I'd walk laps around my apartment complex at night.

It was a CZ-40P that I purchased without doing any homework... #1, I overpaid. #2, it was a "factory frankengun" of sorts and no holsters existed for it. #3, most importantly, it was DA/SA and it only got tucked into the waistband (and secured with a tightened belt) with the hammer down.

-J-

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    It is a well-known fact here at INGO that all things British are superior.:D

'cept cuisine and dental hygiene!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

======================================

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It is a well-known fact here at INGO that all things British are superior.:D

'cept cuisine and dental hygiene!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And economics, to quote Kirk's sig "Prepare to be schooled in my Austrian perspective" :D

And gun laws and knife laws and self defense laws and....

Although to be fair I do like some British cuisine.

But back on topic, I have carried mexican/ghetto on occasion. Usually when running in a gas station or something of that sort, or a late night run to the grocery store when I don't feel like putting on a holster and belt. I carry the same place as I do with a holster at 3:00. And actually it conceals a bit better without the added thickness of a holster. It's a da/sa with a safety so.... I have never had it fall out or drop down my leg. Which isn't to say it can't happen, but I have heard of people who's firearms have fallen out of holster also.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    How many gun forums can you go to and find guys carrying a gun with out a holster labled ganster wannabe and a guy carrying a holster with out a gun applauded for his responsible behaviour.:rolleyes::banana:

Every day's a holiday on INGO:draw:

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    For the record, I do not carry without a holster.

But the reactions that some gun owners have and comments they make toward non-holster carry seem strangely similar to the reactions and responses of the anti-gunners toward carry in general.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    I've carried with out a holster, not in the front I tuck it in the back. Where did I pick up such a silly thing?.The Army...Where did the US Army get such a notion?.The British SAS..Why would the SAS not use holsters? Blending in is the basic answer....SAS operatives routinly did tours in Northern Irland. In order to blend in they would have to dress in civilain cloths this way they could gather HUMIT( Humam Intelignece) On IRA soilders. A man in civilian cloths was either a cop or a British soilder/agent. Either way a good way to be killed or have all your info dry up.
    The SAS practiced with there sidearms with out holsters until it was second nature to them. A SAS operative could draw his sidarm and fire faster than the majority of people with holsters.
    Don't be to sure that the guy you think is a BG is really a BG. He may have that gun tucked because he was traind to do so.
    As for the gun falling out on the guy. He should of unloaded the weapon and then bent,jumped,walked,ran in place, turned, etc. To find out what will cause it to fall out then adjust and do it over again.

Yes there's more to just sticking the gun in your pants and going about your day.
    But, that's for another thread.

God Bless

One guy in NI dropped his Browning high Power into a urinal while relieving himself in an Irish pub. he simply picked it back out and replaced it and walked out of the pub and into his beat up old ford and drove back to the RV. No one in the rest room batted an eyed. They probably though he was a local lol

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    HolyNecroPost_759032.jpg

Almost 2 years? lol

:D

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I saw a guy at Gander Mountain the other day carrying a semi auto in his back pocket, but he was looking at holsters. Maybe the guy is comparison shopping for holsters. So basically in this situation I guess it depends on where you are at the moment. If it was in a dark liquor store parking lot then things would be different than they were at GM.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I carry my SP101 and sometimes a Model 15, Mexican every day for the last 20 years or so. Both are dehorned and the hammer spur is removed. They are carried behind the hip as if I was using a IWB holster.

I think it is hilarious that folks will get their panties all wadded up if they spot a holsterless gun. Trouble is, nobody has ever known that I carried like this.

The three times I have had to draw my pistol on a BG, they never knew where the gun appeared from.

This is a really funny post. Surely you guys are not the bunch of weinies that you sound like....You ARE gun guys, right?

I wouldn't do it with any semi auto pistol though.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    This is a really funny post. Surely you guys are not the bunch of weinies that you sound like....You ARE gun guys, right?

I wouldn't do it with any semi auto pistol though.

Uh yah. That's what we've been talking about. Semi-autos. Of course, there is the one guy I think in the past year who shot his kid when his revolver fell out trying to retie her shoes. But it's ok. He just didn't want to be called a weinie on the internet. He wanted to be a GUN GUY LIKE YOU!!

HOORAH!!!

ETA: Here the LINK to the article I was refering to. Remembered it as a revolver but I see it was a semi-auto also.

Last edited:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Over the last 40 plus years I have carried a few 1911's in my waist band without a holster. I know a couple of guys that still carry S&W J-frames with just a rubber band around the grips in their waist band. I tried a few times but was not comfortable with it. It never slipped and stayed in place but I was not just comfortable with it.

Yes, careless people will shoot themselves. It happens even with holsters. I know all the new stuff says to be super safe, sometimes we was not. Then again I must have been one of the super kids that survived the 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. There seems to be a lot of us left.

I do understand being safe, but sometimes I think we are going overboard with a lot of it. I walk outside my little cottage I will have no problem sticking a 1911 in my waist band for a short while. I am not going to take the time to stick on a holster and belt for it. Then again, I will probably shoot myself someday, at least accounting to a lot of you. Then again, just maybe I know my guns and their limitations then some of you.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Over the last 40 plus years I have carried a few 1911's in my waist band without a holster. I know a couple of guys that still carry S&W J-frames with just a rubber band around the grips in their waist band. I tried a few times but was not comfortable with it. It never slipped and stayed in place but I was not just comfortable with it.

Yes, careless people will shoot themselves. It happens even with holsters. I know all the new stuff says to be super safe, sometimes we was not. Then again I must have been one of the super kids that survived the 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. There seems to be a lot of us left.

I do understand being safe, but sometimes I think we are going overboard with a lot of it. I walk outside my little cottage I will have no problem sticking a 1911 in my waist band for a short while. I am not going to take the time to stick on a holster and belt for it. Then again, I will probably shoot myself someday, at least accounting to a lot of you. Then again, just maybe I know my guns and their limitations then some of you.

Yes why bother to "take the time" for safety? :dunno: :rolleyes:

Sorry, but anyone who is that arrogant about their abilities, and that willing to put themselves up above others, like you just did, is an ND just waiting to happen..

I pray I NEVER get that complacent about gun safety...

Top Bottom