• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Here's the first comment i saw, "Remember when we had parents and we didn't have to rely on the government to raise us ?"

On a side note, if the child is homeschooled, will they need to go to court etc etc to prove the child is actually homeschooled?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Better arresting the student that keeps skipping than the parent that sends the kids off to school, goes to work, and gets a call saying their kids left school. I had a friend whose dad got in trouble over his truancy and all it did was make him laugh. His dad would drop him off at school and then go to work. My friend would leave after 1st period and even though the school knew he was doing it, it took them 30 times leaving the school before doing anything.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I used to go in the front door of the school, go into class, and climb out the window and head off to spend the day in the woods. If we had a big test or something the teacher would always catch me on my way in and say "here, do this before you go".:D And I'd usually light up a smoke as soon as I jumped out the window. Ahh, the good ole days.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    On a side note, if the child is homeschooled, will they need to go to court etc etc to prove the child is actually homeschooled?

Depends on the state's laws and what constitutes "proof." But I definitely foresee a situation where guilty until proven innocent for the homeschooling family becomes the norm.

There were some California municipalities that were targeting homeschooled students based on claims of truancy. And their parents had to prove their homeschool status, which in Cali is a bit of a double-edged sword. The state barely allows it and does everything it can to make it practically impossible. In fact, at one point, I think a lower court ruled that it was illegal. Thankfully, an appellate court overturned that.

Compulsory attendance laws need to go. They are the educational equivalent of anti-drug laws.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    This is ****ing retarded. I just can't even formulate a good response due to the sheer amount of stupid regarding arresting children for not being in school.

Like they're a stray dog or something...

Top Bottom