• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I personally enjoy my glock 23. It is fun to shoot and quite accurate. With a few precautions while reloading, I believe I will be able to shoot 1000's of rounds through it. Granted it is a gen 4 so it is much better than earlier models in regards to the barrel.

I agree... if I had the time and space to reload, I'd still be shooting .40 in my full size and, likely, compact handguns, with 9 mm just for the sub-compact carry. As it is, some months it's tough to find time to shoot, let alone reload. Sigh, maybe when I retire.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I kept my Glock 23, but sold the G22 and G27. The G22 was not reliable with an attached light, and I could not hit the side of an aircraft carrier standing next to it with the G27. I shoot my G17 and G26 much better anyway. I like the .40, I just shoot the 9mm a lot better.
    As usual, YMMV.

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You also had the function issues when a light was mounted. Seems like there were another few.

I know Illinois State Police had some issues with lights but also feel that was exaggerated a lot more than it really happened. I thought maybe you were going to list the Indiana State Police issues with the Glock 40. Which really isn't fair, give it time and ISP (or someone promoted) will find an issue with the SIG's LOL

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    More for me, the majority of State/Federal/Local agencies still carry them daily.
    Some like 9, some .40, some .45....(22/25/380/38/357 etc etc).......there are enough for all.
    However, expect anything coming from my Glock, will be a .40.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I remember when the hype in the gun mags was basically was if it wasn't a 4 something you wouldn't live through the night, then IDPA came about, made SSP and the "experts" (the same ones that wrote those articles) all the sudden shot 9 mm and it was good. Seemed like now shooting a 9mm was like getting caught with that chubby girl and acceptable.

They have all had success and they have all had failures so pick what YOU like not what's good for ISO, or Mayberry PD

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Having owned a few 40's I can not see why folks do not like that round.

Having abandoned that round, I can. In tupperware, they are a handful and follow up shots can be a bit longer to get back on target. VERY snappy and unpleasant in sub compacts. My Ruger P91DC was OK, but it was incredibly heavy.

9 is better for carrying more. 45 is better for stopping power and it doesnt have the snap.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    they are a handful and follow up shots can be a bit longer to get back on target. VERY snappy and unpleasant in sub compacts.

I have to disagree with this, I believe it is subjective, I am a larger than average individual and truly don't have an issue carrying and shooting a Glock 27. For me it isn't that big of a difference between shooting a Glock 26 and a 27 (which I have both) but again that's just me.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I own handguns in both 9 and .40, but all of my Glocks are .40s and will remain so. Why sell excellence ?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have to disagree with this, I believe it is subjective, I am a larger than average individual and truly don't have an issue carrying and shooting a Glock 27. For me it isn't that big of a difference between shooting a Glock 26 and a 27 (which I have both) but again that's just me.

It is VERY subjective. Thats the point. Im not saying EVERYONE hates it or EVERYONE has trouble. Im just saying that many people have this issue and what I expressed was the VERY common complaint. I could drive a tack and have quick follow-ups on a heavy, all steel full size gun. But when I moved below that behemoth it wasnt as effective for me. Congratulations on shooting that caliber well.

In fact, I know one INGOer who doesnt mind it; The one I traded my G23 for his G19 to. :): Neither one wanted what we had and Now we both couldnt be happier.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm happy with my two 4-tays. Steyr & PPQ. Low bore axis, high grip, less muzzle flip with the M40 & great ergos with the PPQ making both mine a bit easier to shoot in 40 caliber than some other brands.

I'm trying to not get caught up in the latest poo poo on the .40 bs craze going on right now. The bullet designs that made the latest 9mm better have also been implemented in the 40.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Tons of Glock 22's and 23's for sale who HAD to have them a few years back

Are you making a statement, or asking a question? I can't seem to understand your point here, or maybe that was the point?

Having abandoned that round, I can. In tupperware, they are a handful and follow up shots can be a bit longer to get back on target. VERY snappy and unpleasant in sub compacts. My Ruger P91DC was OK, but it was incredibly heavy.

9 is better for carrying more. 45 is better for stopping power and it doesnt have the snap.

I agree with most of this. I went from .45 to .40 because at the time, many years back, I wanted something smaller than the Glock 21 and 30 I had (and there were not a ton of choices in small 45s then that ran well). I went with a 27 and a pair of 23's. I just never did warm up to the round, and went to Glock 19's, 26, and routinely carry a 43 as well. For me the 40 was a bit abusive in the hand in a gun the size of the 27. I could shoot it, I just didn't really like shooting it much. For others it is just right.

Top Bottom