• ...and so much more!
  • Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Reads to me like he was Tased for resisting a law officer's lawful order. As petty as one might like to catagorize the whole "loose dog" call, it seems the ranger was conducting a lawful investigation, the man refused to provide proper indentification and began to leave the scene of that investigation. At that point, he was, at least under Indiana law, resisting law enforcement and the ranger used proper detainment procedure. Seems he escalated the contact and she responded. Hate it as much as you want, the ranger was within her capacity as a law enforcement officer.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Reads to me like he was Tased for resisting a law officer's lawful order. As petty as one might like to catagorize the whole "loose dog" call, it seems the ranger was conducting a lawful investigation, the man refused to provide proper indentification and began to leave the scene of that investigation. At that point, he was, at least under Indiana law, resisting law enforcement and the ranger used proper detainment procedure. Seems he escalated the contact and she responded. Hate it as much as you want, the ranger was within her capacity as a law enforcement officer.
    thats the problem with some cops they hide behind any bs law they can to get away with stuff like this. im sure if i look theres probably a law where cowards with a taser can break up dodge ball games between kids.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    People have died after being tased.
    I think you could make the case that a taser is a deadly weapon.
    So, if the taser had had a dead battery, would she have just shot him?

The next interaction will be, "I told you not to look at me that way," ZZZAP!

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    See, I knew you'd hate it!

Wow, hard to argue with factful, sensible logic like you two are putting forward. You've certainly presented a good argument. Rest well master barristers...rest well.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    See, I knew you'd hate it!

Wow, hard to argue with factful, sensible logic like you two are putting forward. You've certainly presented a good argument. Rest well master barristers...rest well.
    you do know the fumes from holster sniffing have been listed as bad by the epa?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    thats the problem with some cops they hide behind any bs law they can to get away with stuff like this. im sure if i look theres probably a law where cowards with a taser can break up dodge ball games between kids.

She's investigating a violation and this guy is giving her false information and then attempts to leave the scene. What would you have done?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If the LEO says stop, then stop. If the LEO asks for I.D., provide it. If the LEO says sit here and I will get back to you, Sit and wait. It has worked for me on far to many occasions and most of those ended well. Cooperation at any level with LEO is mandatory. I hate being told what to do or bullied by anyone. But remember, with the LEO, resistance is futile. They will win....ZZZZAAAAAPPPPPPP.....Thud. Told you to wait sir.

We have many dog owners in my area. Most are decent enough to clean up Fido's Doo-Doo. My "Pet" peave is the ones that let the stinking dog run amok without a leash. I have cleaned up their deposits in my carport. I really do not like this as it is just wrong. There are 2 fellows who I have had verbal exchanges with and would taze them if I had on. Shooting them would be a bit much, don't you think

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    She's investigating a violation and this guy is giving her false information and then attempts to leave the scene. What would you have done?

You should obviously let him go and file a complaint with your police department...That goes for LEO as well.

Nothing spells honest citizen more than someone violating an ordinance than a guy giving false info and trying to walk away from a PO interaction.

BTW, I'm completely fine with anyone and everyone posting bad/corrupt LEO stories when they see one, but why do people waste their time actually searching for them for the sole purpose of posting them on INGO?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Not really all that cut-and-dry, according to the witness at the scene.

The National Park Service said the ranger hit Gary Hesterberg with the stun gun on Sunday at Rancho Corral de Tierra in San Mateo County after Hesterberg gave her a false name and then tried to walk away.

But Michelle Babcock told the San Francisco Chronicle the ranger never gave Hesterberg an explanation as to why he was being detained and then hit him with the stun gun in the back.

"He just tried to walk away," Babcock said. "She never gave him a reason. ... It didn't make any sense."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will say this again, Leo says stop, then you stop. LEO says provide ID, then you do that. It works out a lot better for all involved. Mr. Hesterberg did not comply, ZZZZZAAAAPPPP,
    Thud.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I will say this again, Leo says stop, then you stop. LEO says provide ID, then you do that. It works out a lot better for all involved. Mr. Hesterberg did not comply, ZZZZZAAAAPPPP,
    Thud.
    so if a leo tells you to bend over and grab them while he gets the ky your in? or you gonna be the next taser victim?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    so if a leo tells you to bend over and grab them while he gets the ky your in? or you gonna be the next taser victim?

There are limits...I have been arrested for being unruly. All I am saying is do not be unruly without reason. If LEO is doing the job then go along. If LEO is being an ass, then be unruly. Leo will win in the end. They always do.....ZZZZZAAAAPPPPP....Thud

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    There are limits...I have been arrested for being unruly. All I am saying is do not be unruly without reason. If LEO is doing the job then go along. If LEO is being an ass, then be unruly. Leo will win in the end. They always do.....ZZZZZAAAAPPPPP....Thud
    you are right the cops will win. its the taxpayers that will lose. maybe the cops are working with ows to redistribute the wealth hmmmm:shady:

Top Bottom