• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Recently picked up a Glock 40 MOS in 10mm. Did some looking and found the Vortex Venom was the sight I wanted to go with. Installed the Glock supplied plate, threw the Venom on top and it looks like a winning combo. My problem is the red dot itself will not adjust. I have to tilt the front of the gun down in order to see the dot. I turned the elevation screw all the way up and down and the dot didn't move. A few years ago I picked up a Firefield reflex to run on an AR 45 mount. Needless to say that red dot quit working a month after I got it. Replaced the battery and no go. So far I'm batting 0% with reflexes. Is it me? Am I missing something? Before I seek a replacement for the Venom I thought I would throw it out for suggestions here.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I think you found a cheap RDS that quit on you.
    Then simply got unlucky/QC failure on the Venom.

If the plate looks to be flush to the slide as well as the optic, send it in. Vortex's warranty will cover a repair/replacement.

I can't say that I've been able to notice any apparent shift when adjusting other RDS, but 130MOA of adjustment on the Venom should be easily noticeable even at a 25y aiming point (~30" min to max).

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^
    Send the Venom back to Vortex and it will be repaired/replaced ... no questions asked.

As to the Firefield ... they also carry a warranty. Not as good as Vortex, but you should still be able to get it repaired if the purchase is within 3 years.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    That seems to be common of late with vortex. I am not going to harp much about them but let’s just say that the warranty department at vortex is busy. I will admit they ship pretty fast.

My diamondback no issues.
    My viper would not track back left correctly twice. Third time was the charm.
    Spitfire HD quit and it was replaced.
    My monocular’s both zero issues.
    My strike eagle has been perfect track’s perfect.

So out of 6 vortex items 3 issues but one was the same issue on two scopes. I mean there is basically nothing that can go to wrong with a monocular. Take away those and it was four purchases and 3 replacements.

Things happen but other than being out during the shipping time they are all good as of this moment.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Well it's been over a month but I finally got around to troubleshooting this. As mentioned in rosejm's post it was the plate not sitting flush. It was staring right at me as soon as I opened the case. I removed the red dot, started to loosen the 2 screws that hold the plate on and as I loosened the 2nd screw the plate popped and sat flush in the cut out. After I tightened the bolts back down the plate remained flush and I reinstalled the red dot. I think the red dot was tilted enough that I wasn't seeing the adjustment for up/down. Next step is to take this out and actually put some rounds through it. Here's a pic of where the plate was not flush.
    FLtQGCL.jpg

Top Bottom