• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I recently watched the documentary titled Freedom to Fascism. I have talked to a few people about the idea of just not filing an income tax return as many of the people in the video suggested. Has anyone on here done this? Would you do it? What would it take for you to follow through? I am contemplating this myself, as I don't like the idea of being forced to obey a non-existent law. I think it's time we stopped .gov from trampling our freedom at every turn.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I recently watched the documentary titled Freedom to Fascism. I have talked to a few people about the idea of just not filing an income tax return as many of the people in the video suggested. Has anyone on here done this? Would you do it? What would it take for you to follow through? I am contemplating this myself, as I don't like the idea of being forced to obey a non-existent law. I think it's time we stopped .gov from trampling our freedom at every turn.

As Wesley Snipes how that worked out for him.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    You are talking about a hard fought battle there bub. My wife's grandfather decided to do this to prove a point. He can't have anything in his name now, or the government will take it away. No car, no house, nothing.

You better have plenty of money for a lawyer, and do your homework, because this has been tried before, and most have failed miserably. I hate taxes. The only taxes we should have to pay are sales tax on non-essential items.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    As Wesley Snipes how that worked out for him.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about how it's worked out for Wesley Snipes. This isn't about what could happen to me if I don't do it, it's about the government getting out of my business like the Constitution intended. :twocents:

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Be prepared for the FBI and IRS to hound your every move and the possibilities of Federal incarceration.

I have known several guys from work that tried this protest and they either ponied up a LOT of money in the end or did prison time.

Its not a new concept and its not a productive concept for the individuals who use it. Unless of course you like losing everything and going to prison.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The courts have consistently held that the income tax is Constitutional. No one ever wins this battle, and though I hate the income tax, I've read the arguments that it's unconstitutional, and personally I reluctantly agree. As much as I hate it and as much as a progressive system violates natural rights in my opinion, I think it's Constitutional.

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I still file a tax return every year, but I haven't paid federal taxes for the last two and it is the best feeling in the world. Am I breaking the Law? No. Actually I'm following the Fed's tax law's to the letter. Its the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion and its a trade-off but if you can handle the time away its the only way to earn a living. I really enjoy knowing that my money is not supporting Obama and his misguided policies but still being able to be part of the America that I know and love.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    You are talking about a hard fought battle there bub. My wife's grandfather decided to do this to prove a point. He can't have anything in his name now, or the government will take it away. No car, no house, nothing.

You better have plenty of money for a lawyer, and do your homework, because this has been tried before, and most have failed miserably. I hate taxes. The only taxes we should have to pay are sales tax on non-essential items.

My fiance's grandfather did the same thing. He had to put everything in his wife's name, and then got really sick and put in a nursing home. She sold all of his stuff. That being said, I definitely trust my fiance and my family more than I trust the government.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    The courts have consistently held that the income tax is Constitutional. No one ever wins this battle, and though I hate the income tax, I've read the arguments that it's unconstitutional, and personally I reluctantly agree. As much as I hate it and as much as a progressive system violates natural rights in my opinion, I think it's Constitutional.

HOW SOME STATES DID NOT LEGALLY RATIFY THE 16TH AMENDMENT

You should also watch that documentary I mentioned. It might change your mind.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Honestly, I couldn't care less about how it's worked out for Wesley Snipes. This isn't about what could happen to me if I don't do it, it's about the government getting out of my business like the Constitution intended. :twocents:

Well, if such is the case, I certainly wouldn't engage in this battle as an individual. You need to address it in some sort of class action suit... but that's probably been tried before.
    Your start need to be with getting at the FED, and the unconstitutionality of that.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Well, if such is the case, I certainly wouldn't engage in this battle as an individual. You need to address it in some sort of class action suit... but that's probably been tried before.
    Your start need to be with getting at the FED, and the unconstitutionality of that.

I agree with that, and that is why I posted it here. What if a thousand people/families in a small community just stopped paying income taxes? Would they imprison everyone? Possibly, but they'd have a hell of a time doing it. It would destroy the local economy, and the state might even file a suit over it (I would hope).

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    As a quick aside, and not trying to hijack, Herman Cain wants to get rid of the income tax.

Congratulations, I am now slightly considering voting for him. If it came down to him vs. Obama I probably would based solely on this issue. I just hope he'll follow through on that. I have no way to tell whether or not he is being honest or not.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    At least a consumption tax will hit everyone instead of just tax payers. Now tax dodgers of all forms (illegal immigrants, drug dealers, losers) will pay into the system. All the income tax is, is another way for the ruling class to keep class warfare alive.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    HOW SOME STATES DID NOT LEGALLY RATIFY THE 16TH AMENDMENT

You should also watch that documentary I mentioned. It might change your mind.

I think what people are saying, and the way I feel, is that I may agree 100% with that documentary, but unless I am willing to ruin myself financially and/or do prison time to fight a battle that has been fought and lost time and time again, it just doesn't matter what I agree with. It IS a losing battle, as has been proved many times by others. You will not get the government out of your business by refusing to file, you'll only get them IN your busines more than they are now.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    And he wants to replace it with a national sales tax. The government will not be getting any less money. They'll just be taxing you in a different fashion.

Exactly!! And it brings everyone in, owners of cash businesses, prostitutes, pimps, drug dealers, welfare queens. Would that not result in more revenue to the govt? What is the downside?

Top Bottom