• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckjoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    beech grove
    so i have a question, i have a Taurus 917 that my buddy wants to buy from me. OK so i want to sell it to him but he doesn't have a handgun permit yet. he wants to get one but don't know when he will have the time and wants to buy the gun soon because i want to sale it and he wants it. so not so much him but me wanting the money lol. can i sell it to him with out the permit yet and what would i need to do if i can i now that gun dealers can do this but they have to take it right home and not carry which he knows and doesn't mind Intel he gets his permit so any info would help thanks Joe

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    He can still buy it. You do not need a LTCH to buy one. If you are worried about him pulled over on the way home with it then write him a bill of sale to show that he just bought it and he would be covered.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If you transport it to his house, there would be no problem. Further, IN code does permit him to carry it home from the place of purchase if it is in a secure wrapper and is unloaded. Nowhere is it required that the place of purchase be a FFL dealer's place of business.

HTH!

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom