• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I have not eaten at a Pizza Hut restaurant (or any of the YUM affiliates) for the last 5 years. The reason being that Pizza Hut has a "zero tolerance" policy when it comes to employees arming themselves. In recent years, several delivery drivers have been robbed and killed. Several have also been armed and fought back. One case was here in Indiana. But Pizza Hut FIRES the drivers for violating company policy if they defend themselves against violent criminals who rob them, and in some cases kill them.

Many of you may have noticed in your recent NRA magazine in the Armed Citizen section, that an Anderson Indiana delivery driver just stopped a store robbery with a handgun he carries. He actually shot the bad guy when he refused to surrender and went for his gun.

But there was no resulting story telling about how he was fired! Had Pizza Hut come to their senses? NOPE!

I just got off the phone with the manager of that store. He stated "Pizza Hut has a corporate wide, zero-tolerance policy when it comes to weapons." "We have dealt with that situation." So I asked, "What are you going to do if the state passes a law allowing your employees to have a firearm in their cars on your property?" His response: "The state can make whatever laws it wants, that's still going to be our policy and we will enforce it." WOW! BOOOOOOOO! :noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway::noway:

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Pizza Hut is gross anyway. I didn't now about this until now, but it just gives me another reason not to go to there. I prefer real oven cooked pizza not conveyor belt pizza.

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    noidpin1.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Now if it was the corprorate big wigs , getting robed on the way home. Will then they would see it in a different light! They only care about what affects them. That's one major issue with allot of American companies. The big wigs only care about them, and theirs! Good post thanks!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    So the delivery guy knock's on the door and the door open's and a person at that second pull's a gun on him? Will he be stupid enough to go for his gun? I doubt it.

Most people are smart enough to value their life over their job and will just carry any way.

The policies are to protect the company, this is why they don't want employees going after someone they catch steeling because they don't want the theif to sue. If the pizza guy is driving down the road and "thinks" he is about to get robbed, pull's his gun and for some reason end's up shooting to early then the possible theif end's up suing the pizza joint....... I sure he could sue just for the guy pulling the gun on him (the theif).

In the end it is up to you on if you value your job over your life.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    If it was me who suggested OCing at Pizza Hut, as a joke, I would get bombarded with negative reps. Now others are joking about carrying and no flags? WTF over?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    A domino's pizza delivery guy was fired after smelling dope smoke in an apartment he delivered to. He called it in to the cops and dominos fired him for calling it in. After all who is the largest pizza orderers in the USA. The stoner crowd. Dominos don't want to **** on the people that keep them in business.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    A domino's pizza delivery guy was fired after smelling dope smoke in an apartment he delivered to. He called it in to the cops and dominos fired him for calling it in. After all who is the largest pizza orderers in the USA. The stoner crowd. Dominos don't want to **** on the people that keep them in business.

317-262-tip's (the number you can call to report a crime for a reward and don't have to give your name and get a reward)......... FAIL for him giving more info then he should have including his name and what he was doing there.

I called once years and years ago and just left my number, no name or anything, a detective called back and I told them what I saw.... later found out that the cop's showed up at the person's house that I reported and charged them. They never got my name or anything, I just got a number incase there was a reward, I could call in with that number and get my money.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Hmmm...We all claim to be defenders of freedom, but we carry torches and pitchforks to the doors of a private company for enforcing their own policies. While I wouldn't patronize an establishment whose policies weren't in tune with my own moral compass, I would still respect their rights as a private entity to regulate the actions of their employees within the confines of company time.

Imagine a Pizza Hut driver armed with high velocity FMJ rounds, and he fires in an obvious self defense action.....the round goes through the bg and into a little girl on her way home from ballet class. The driver is on company time and is therefore a representative of the company........anybody smell HUGE lawsuit?

Don't misunderstand, I would be all for Pizza Hut changing their policy to allow drivers to carry, but I am also all for Pizza Hut deciding, as a private company, whatever their policy will be.

If you're uncomfortable delivering while complying with Pizza Hut's non-carry policy, I'd suggest you find a more accomidating place of employment. After all, this has been a standing policy, and the employees were aware, or should have been aware of it from the start.

When Starbucks told the Brady Campaign to take a hike, I was impressed....not for their overt support of gun rights, that support was only assumed by us. Starbuck's position was not one of gun rights, it was simply Starbuck's demonstrating their rights to make and maintain their OWN policy. I was impressed only at Starbuck's decision not to cave in to the pressure applied by the Brady Campaign. I would expect Pizza Hut to act the same way. I would much rather see them not cave in to any pressure, and maintain their OWN policy. In my mind, the only thing an OC demonstration would accomplish would be to have Pizza Hut ban firearms entirely.

Last edited:

sptland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Howe, IN
    I guess I'll make a point of carrying into Pizza Huts from now on!!! I don't go there often, but my kids do like to go once in a while!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Keep in mind the OP is in regards to Yum's corporate policy for employees. This has nothing to do with patrons carrying legally in their resturants. I do not agree with corporate policies such as this, but I understand why companies have them. It is all about liability. Heck even my employer has a no weapons policy. Pretty standard stuff in employee handbooks these days. My guess is that most fast food places wil have a similar policy.

Keep in mind that Yum is more then just Pizza Hut. They also own KFC, A&W, Long John Silvers, & Taco Bell. YUM as a name seems somewhat ironic considering all of their resturants pretty much serve :poop:.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If it became a state law, allowing all delivery employees to carry, and that driver had to use his weapon. What are the chances of being able to file a wrongful termination suit against them and winning?

IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    Weird, I just carried semi-concealed to Pizza Hut. I wasn't given any trouble. I guess I'll still carry there until they kick me out!

Top Bottom