No Taper! Quantitative Easing Continues!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It was always highly doubtful that they would taper (slow down the debasing of our currency). The big banks and the stock market are too dependent on continuous cash injections now. The dollar is already down significantly vs other currencies in the foreign exchange market as well.

Unfortunately, the idea that either the federal government or the Fed will move us towards responsible financial stewardship is a laughable premise.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    My question is....if you are invested in gold and silver, and the value of the dollar keeps declining, well the value of your investment increases in number while those dollars that you would get for selling that investment are worth less, so really, what does it matter? I think owning silver and gold coins, actually physically having them is great, but just investing in a 401k in those companies seems pointless. i dunno, its all just a mess

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    My highly excited by all of this! Thumbsup folks... I mean, I'm buying all this **** for when it hits the fan, so I don't want to be wasting all of this time for nothing

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    My question is....if you are invested in gold and silver, and the value of the dollar keeps declining, well the value of your investment increases in number while those dollars that you would get for selling that investment are worth less, so really, what does it matter? I think owning silver and gold coins, actually physically having them is great, but just investing in a 401k in those companies seems pointless. i dunno, its all just a mess

If you don't hold it, you don't own it.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Currency, the dollars you refer to are not and will not be be eternal. What the Fed is doing, and basically just said is that they are trapped. They have to print money or else all hell will break loose. Yet the very printing they are doing will cause all hell to break loose as our currency is debased into oblivion.

Where your question seems to lead me is that you cannot envision a world where dollars are no longer currency yet that day is certain to arrive. It is 100% guaranteed to happen. There will be no dollars sometime in the future.

So my question to you would be this. When the dollar disappears where would you like the value of all the excess work you have performed over the years (the value of your savings) stored? Would you like to hold that value in worthless paper chits that cannot be traded for anything? Or would you like to hold some of that value in a barbarous relic that has retained it's value over thousands of years of human history?

The Fed will print, print and print more and more and more to try to get the economy growing fast enough so that they can stop printing. Butt he economy is so awash in debt that it cannot grow. All of our future growth has been borrowed - that was the point of the borrowing! It robber future prosperity for present consumption. Now we cannot grow the economy but only pay off debt, or in the end default on that debt either by printing money or not paying. We will pay, like all countries that can print do.

This is exactly the train Rudolf von Havenstein found himself on as President of the Reichsbank during the German hyperinflation. According to Liaquat Ahamed's work on von Havenstein's dilemma, in his majestic book 'Lords of Finance’ - "were he to refuse to print the money necessary to finance the deficit, he risked causing a sharp rise in interest rates as the government scrambled to borrow from every source. The mass unemployment that would ensue, he believed, would bring on a domestic economic and political crisis, which in Germany's [then] fragile state might precipitate a real political convulsion."

History repeats....................

Top Bottom