• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Seriously, why does anyone watch these addresses? I can always manage to find anything else, rather than watch him (or Bush, Clinton or Daddy Bush or Reagan when they were in power) yammer on.

Well Hell's Kitchen was on but they delayed it for "The O" I was too lazy to change the channel.

Lets drill on your land.

Bring on the capitalism!!!!!!

Until we find better ways of getting energy, which if the gov would untie the hands of the american people and let ingenuity run wild and be rewarded for it we would have it by now or be well on our way. I heard about a interview with GM before the bailouts came about and they said they could make a hydrogen car but there are so many restrictions on them its not possible to make it affordable, so if GM can do it FORD can do it 10 times better :D

but until that day comes we have to rely on oil so I say drill it deep!!!!

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Why the hostility? BTW, if there was oil, I'd be happy to sell to the oil companies and collect the money.

Both Alaska and Colorado want the jobs and money, but it is the federal government that is blocking access.

Who's hostile? If you want land drilled, go buy some, then drill it. Whoever owns the land isnt giving it up. Whatever land is owned by the federal government is treated the same way. The feds dont want the land drilled just like private owners dont want their land drilled.

People act like oil companies can just go set up shop whenever and where ever they want.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well Hell's Kitchen was on but they delayed it for "The O" I was too lazy to change the channel.

yeah then they kept interrupting for the weather then my DVR is messed up so it switched to the other show I am recording and I didn't see the end of Hell's Kitchen!! I'll catch it tomorrow online.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Who's hostile? If you want land drilled, go buy some, then drill it. Whoever owns the land isnt giving it up. Whatever land is owned by the federal government is treated the same way. The feds dont want the land drilled just like private owners dont want their land drilled.

People act like oil companies can just go set up shop whenever and where ever they want.

the federal government shouldnt own any land eccept for washington D.C. anything else they need to be paying rent to the state the property is in.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    the federal government shouldnt own any land eccept for washington D.C. anything else they need to be paying rent to the state the property is in.

I agree with you, but thats an entirely different issue.

Why even have a federal government anyway? Whats wrong with state governments? (also entirely different issues)

orion814me

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    All joking aside, thats the answer. Whoever owns the land "out west" isnt going to give up the land for drilling, thats why it doesnt happen. The government and oil companies cant just decide to drill for oil on land.

Sure they can, most of it is owned by the government. Public land.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Who's hostile?

You were. I'd like you to offer a believable alternate explanation why you said they should drill on my land. I offered 100% legitimate answers to your original question. Saying they should drill on my land has nothing to do with either your original question or my answer

Straw man argument. Not one person here has said that. They can only go to places where they own/lease and are allowed by the government to drill. When allowed to, they don't find it too hard to get people to accept money for access to the oil.

Since you obviously still don't believe that it is the federal govt that is responsible for our reduced energy production and forcing companies like BP out into ridiculous areas to find oil, here are a few links showing that locals want oil development and that the federal govt is restricting access:

Oil Shale- U.S. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar restricts access and also here.
    Federal govt. granted 9th delay in trial to force open oil shale reserves

Drilling on the Continental shelf- 85% of American territorial waters are off-limits

Oil companies in the deep sea because they are being regulated away from better/cheaper locations in the US.

Locals favor oil development- Alaskans support drilling 4-1
    Colorado favors oil development

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

I think the underlying point is that he is talking like there are no drilling options on land, when he is in charge of a substantial amount of land-based oil reserves.

Personally I don't think the Feds should own any of that land, nor should they be in the business to "find oil." Thats purely a function of the private sector. But he shouldn't be on TV feeding us a line of bull, as if our only option for future energy is "Green Energy" to fit his agenda.

7.62shooter2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Central Illinois

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    You were. I'd like you to offer a believable alternate explanation why you said they should drill on my land. I offered 100% legitimate answers to your original question. Saying they should drill on my land has nothing to do with either your original question or my answer

You were offering up other peoples land for drilling. By suggesting drilling on your land I was illustrating a point that you clearly missed. That point was that the land is owned by someone who likely has other interests than drilling for oil on that land.

Taking offense to saying we should drill for oil on your land may be how other people feel about you suggesting drilling for oil on their land. That was the point and it was not hostile at all.

Top Bottom