"NO! You can't stitch yourself up!".... says wife.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Using my Kershaw as a pry tool didn't work out so well, good thing the blade side was facing away from the hand,..... I guess.

You can't really see the dog-ears, but this beauty made my wife turn pale... NURES :rolleyes: :laugh:

A few steri-strips from the SHTF box should get-r-done.

2011-09-03_13-43-11_320.jpg

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you are man enough tot try and stich it up yourself, you should be man enough to not have to ask first :) j/k

She saw me go for the "table saw kit" through the window.... thought it was worse. Bad view I guess... its just shy of the muscle, had her push the adipose back in and close it back up. (I think I will put a few in tomorrow at the fire house ;)

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Why not? I hate to pay someone to do something I can do myself. :dunno: :)

PS: I have done it before as I am occasionally not too handy with sharp objects myself!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Ok, from one Medic to another......have you forgotten your training?

1) Disinfect it with either peroxide or betadine, make sure it's clean and all the little ends are tucked back in.

2) The steri-strips won't hold it closed, unless you butterfly them.

3) I'm assuming you applied pressure till it stopped bleeding?

4) UncleMikes idea of super glue is a good one, they have the same thing out at Walmart, it's called NewSkin. Apply liberally.

5) If all else fails, swing by our house and I'll use our "surgical stapler" to close it up and then gauze wrap it for you. They don't hurt going in, and all you need to take them out is a regular staple remover. I can cauterize it for you if you'd prefer that instead.

6) Don't forget to elevate it, ABOVE your heart, for at least 20 minutes after I staple it, to stop the extra bleeding.

7) Come see me in about 10 days and I'll remove the staples if you don't want to do it yourself.

8) Expect my bill in the mail. No, not that one, the paper one, he won't fit in an envelope.

Goofus!
    7th Stepper
    PS: Do you run with scissors too? And for heavens sake, stay away from pencils! You'll poke someone's eye out with them! And yes, I'm a mom! If you're really good while I'm fixing it, and don't whine, I'll even "kiss it make it better"! That always works! Just ask Snoogs! :laugh:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I cut my leg open a few yrs ago...needed stiches so went to ER...they put freaking staples in it an it cost 1000.00.....I use to be a taxidermist....so now I have a surgical kit an next time I'm saving myself some money. I saw a hunting video an a guy got his hand cut from the tusk of a wild boar...he had his son take a needle an 3lb. fishing test line, ran a line through an tied it off, then 2 more...then washed it off in the river....good to go.

Top Bottom