• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    So the bad news is all the Indy area residents who wanted to attend an Appleseed this month had two chances. If you check the registration link for the one-day event at MCFG on the 19th you'll notice that it is sold out! The good news is that you can still sign up for the event at Noblesville this coming weekend, May 5-6!

So what's holding you back? Already been to an Appleseed? Great, come back and join us again, but bring friends, or co-workers, or family members. Everyone knows somebody who would benefit from a weekend of marksmanship instruction and learning about our heritage. Not sure if Appleseed is for you? Come on by and find out! You can observe if you want, but bring a rifle with you because you will want to join in the fun.

Right now the registration link shows there are 18 spots open on the line. Now I know the Indy area can do better than that. So prove me right. Sign up now and see what Appleseed is all about on what will be an awesome weekend.

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I have two buddies going on the 19th ..:yesway:

I am training for a new job so the $$ are ....problematic.. :scratch:..yeah , that's a word

Moving up ,up ,up on the to do list ..:draw:

BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    Would love to be able to go! I live in Noblesville, have already decided to do an Appleseed based on the positive feedback from everyone who goes ... but I have conflicts I can't move so can't go to this one. Murphy's law strikes again...

Looking forward to attending one as soon as I can get the schedule to work!

backfire

Shooter
    Nov 6, 2011
    I think I may be able to swing the Saturday class, but not Sunday, as I've got an Academy committment that day. I'll discuss it with the wife tomorrow morning to be sure Saturday is clear. It looks like a great thing to attend. :)

Thanks for putting this on for us- I for one am appreciative. :yesway:

EDIT: Ooppps! I think I just put the cart before the horse... I just read your "What To Bring" .pdf page you have and found that I'm a bit under-prepared for what I would need to do this right. I've got about 1/2 of what I need from the looks of it... LoL! Dang.... I think I'll hold off on this one- just for now, until I'm more prepared and even more so when I can actually attend both days.

Last edited:

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I think I may be able to swing the Saturday class, but not Sunday, as I've got an Academy committment that day. I'll discuss it with the wife tomorrow morning to be sure Saturday is clear. It looks like a great thing to attend. :)

Thanks for putting this on for us- I for one am appreciative. :yesway:

EDIT: Ooppps! I think I just put the cart before the horse... I just read your "What To Bring" .pdf page you have and found that I'm a bit under-prepared for what I would need to do this right. I've got about 1/2 of what I need from the looks of it... LoL! Dang.... I think I'll hold off on this one- just for now, until I'm more prepared and even more so when I can actually attend both days.

I wouldn't worry sir. just post up what you need and someone will probably be able to loan it to you including rifles, mags, ect ect ect. and saturday is mostly instruction and heritage/history. you should definitely not let a little missing kit keep you from the experience.

backfire

Shooter
    Nov 6, 2011
    I wouldn't worry sir. just post up what you need and someone will probably be able to loan it to you including rifles, mags, ect ect ect. and saturday is mostly instruction and heritage/history. you should definitely not let a little missing kit keep you from the experience.
    Thanks for the reply. May I ask this...?

If I can indeed make it Saturday, since most of it is instructional/history anyway (which I'm a real history buff) would I be able to attend the Sunday class at another date or possibly at another location to pick up where I left off?

I realize this may be too far reaching to ask, but I guess I'll give it a swing anyway. :)

jve153

Expert
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i do not see why that would not work... sat is instruction and history. sunday is review of saturday, a lot of shooting AQT targets and some awesome dangerous old men/dangerous old women stories as well as other tidbits to go along with the 3 strikes from saturday.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Nov 16, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. May I ask this...?

If I can indeed make it Saturday, since most of it is instructional/history anyway (which I'm a real history buff) would I be able to attend the Sunday class at another date or possibly at another location to pick up where I left off?

I realize this may be too far reaching to ask, but I guess I'll give it a swing anyway. :)

You can always sign up for saturday only, and then sign up for a sunday only or another whole weekend if you wish. And seriously, let us know what you need and we can probably get some loaner supplies available for you.

backfire

Shooter
    Nov 6, 2011
    You can always sign up for saturday only, and then sign up for a sunday only or another whole weekend if you wish. And seriously, let us know what you need and we can probably get some loaner supplies available for you.
    Thanks for the information and the generous offer to borrow what's needed. :)

I spoke to the other half and she said we have a B-day party planned for our daughter on Saturday with the rest of the family, so it looks like Saturday is out too I guess. I'll keep watching your planner to see when I can attend. It looks to be a very nice time and by then, I should have all my "stuff". ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom