• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChrisSparksRN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Just wanted to give a quick introduction to everyone and thank you for allowing me to be on the forum. I have very little gun knowledge and am hoping to change that. I intend to purchase a personal protection weapon for myself and my wife in the very near future and i want to become at least moderately educated before doing so. I look forward to learning from all of you and getting to know some of you.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Welcome to INGO. We can help you with your choices with the guns but I suggest you AND your wife get some training FIRST before making yhe purchase. There are several great places around Indy for training. They can let you try several different types of guns before you put your cash down on one.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

Although some people forget it, we were all new to this sport at one time, so be forewarned, a thick skin is needed every now and then, but for the most part there is a lot to be learned here, and even those of us who have been in the hobby for a long time are still learning.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO! Sounds like you are starting off the right way. Learn before you purchase your firearm and then continue learning how to use it.

Some unsolicited advice: If you start a thread simply asking what is the best gun, caliber, etc., you will get overwhelmed with suggestions and they will not necessarily be very helpful. Getting the best firearm is much like getting the best vehicle. There are a huge number out there and they have different strengths/weaknesses and even within a group that fit your defined need, you will want to figure out which fits you best. Good luck in your search.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Welcome to INGO! Sounds like you are starting off the right way. Learn before you purchase your firearm and then continue learning how to use it.

Some unsolicited advice: If you start a thread simply asking what is the best gun, caliber, etc., you will get overwhelmed with suggestions and they will not necessarily be very helpful. Getting the best firearm is much like getting the best vehicle. There are a huge number out there and they have different strengths/weaknesses and even within a group that fit your defined need, you will want to figure out which fits you best. Good luck in your search.
    +1
    Welcome.
    "Knowledge is power." - Francis Bacon... and anything with bacon is GOOOOOD!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom