• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Anyone else out in INGO land unlucky enough to get on the call list from NORC U Chicago....From what I can find out it is a survey research center at the University of Chicago. They call and when the ans. machine answers, they hang up.
    Seems they are surveying for the gov. CDC asking about immunizations on children. Doesn't matter if you are on the National Do Not Call list. Since they are the government, they are exempt.
    I don't answer and so the calls continue from 7:30 in the morning till 7:30 at night. There are some web sites about this and everyone is complaining about the constant harassment.
    Anyone have any knowledge on how to stop the calls? Telling them to take you off of the calling list has no effect.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    One suggestion I have is to answer and advise them that they are dialing a wrong #. You could also pretend to speak only Yiddish. On a lighter note..."My name is Shaniqwua Washington." LMAO. As someone who deals with stuff like this on a daily basis, I found it HILARIOUS. Nice find!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I like to answer with fake foreign accents.

Some lady wanted me to switch long distance carriers many years ago and I was doing an Asian accent. Told her I got free long distance, including international calling since my son was an executive at NTT. (Nippon Telegraph and Telephone) She told me I was lucky and wished me well.

Another time, I answered with an old German guy accent (which I do pretty damn good since I've known many old German people...) and told the lady on the phone that I lived with my son, but he traveled on business alot and never let me leave his house. I strung that one out for several minutes.

I've only gone wrong once, when I sang that crazy Vonage song they used to have in their commercials (the "whooo hooo, hoo hoo hooo" one) and it actually turned out to be our mortgage guy calling. Oopsie. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom