WTS/WTT: NORINCO SKS "M", PARATROOPER, BUILT TO USE AK MAGS!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Hoosier.Patriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sold for $700

My research into this particular SKS leads me to believe that this rifle was made after the Clinton assault rifle ban and made by Norinco for export to the civilian market. It has no bayonet or bayonet lug and has a "hunting" look to the stock (so as not to scare those who fear "assault weapons").

For those of you who like a shorter, more maneuverable SKS, this paratrooper fits the bill. Compared to it's longer SKS cousins, this 16" barrel SKS is much more manageable. I think this would serve you well if you were to use this weapon for home defense; the longer SKSs would be too cumbersome for "inside" fighting. This SKS has a milled receiver for incredible durability. Because it was built by Norinco to use AK mags (and is not a conversion) I call it "The Poor Man's AK". Some people have told me that SKSs tend to be more accurate that AKs, I'm not sure about that but I can tell you that this rifle is quite accurate.

This SKS also comes with it's original sling and a Tasco scope which is about the same age as the rifle. The scope mount on the rifle was engineered in such a way that you could look under it and utilize the iron sights if you so desired (see pic below).

Like most AKs and SKSs this rifle has the adjustable rear sight that allows you to (theoretically) use your iron sights for targets out to 1,000 meters. Practically speaking, my sights are spot on for up to 30 yards or so, after that distance I need the scope anyway ;-) . The front sight is nicely protected in a round shroud. For those of you who have an AK front sight adjustment tool, it will work on this SKS.

The blonde wood stock is what came with the gun and shows some light wear but not too bad. No visible rust on the gun and the barrel's inside is very clean. I don't know if all the numbers match because when I have taken it apart to clean it I keep forgetting to check. If it is make or break for a serious buyer I'll look into it. I can tell you it functions flawlessly and I've kept it clean and lightly lubricated.

Because of the run on guns that is going on I've decided to put this one up for sale and see how it goes. If it doesn't sell that's ok too.

I'm not interested in most trades. The only thing I might trade for would be an AK (with some $$ coming from me, for the right gun), but partial payment can be made in ammo as well (7.62 x 39, 9 mm, 40 S&W, 22 Long Rifle). If you are offering your gun in trade you must send a few pictures with your offer.

The Ca$h Price: $800, but I'm willing to go $700 cash and $100 worth of ammo

I prefer face to face near Indianapolis, any part of town except downtown or the west side (I'm hardly ever over on the west side anymore). You must show Indiana DL and permit to carry. No paperwork I just need to know you're not a felon or from out of state.

Pictures to follow:
    IMG_0707_zps1b7870d8.jpg
    [/IMG]

IMG_0708_zps6469795b.jpg
    [/IMG]

IMG_0709_zpsfba286b2.jpg
    [/IMG]

IMG_0710_zpsd2e476b2.jpg
    [/IMG]

This next image shows how you can look under the scope and use the iron sights...

IMG_0712_zps34908784.jpg
    [/IMG]

IMG_0713_zps14057cc0.jpg
    [/IMG]

I got a PM about wanting to see an AK mag in the gun so here you go... Note: no magazines are being offered for sale with this gun...

IMG_0716_zps46c2aec1.jpg
    [/IMG]

IMG_0715_zps49f67159.jpg
    [/IMG]

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom