• ...and so much more!
  • Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    someone please re-direct me to the correct thread:

I'm from Wabash, and i have a friend, also from Wabash, trying to get onto the North Manchester Police Department. He was unable to enlist. someone with higher qualifications took the position. they suggested he join the reserves. he has already done all he can do to enroll and has suggested i do the same. I could really use the training. i could really use the experience on my future resume. and i could really use the experience if i have a "civilian experience" requiring me to draw my weapon.

does anyone on the force or on reserve have any suggestions/recommendations for me to pursue to increase my chances of becoming a reserve? i don't know the first thing about it, so please excuse my ignorance.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'm a full time deputy in southern Indiana but I'd be willing to help you out any way I can. Try to get to know all the full time guys that you can first. They're the ones that you'll have to impress the most. Here the reserves are selected by the paid guys. We're the ones that are going to have to work with them. Just be yourself and you should be fine.
    I began as a reserve where I am and got along with all the full time guys. When a full time spot did come open, I applied and had the full support of the paid guys. Being a reserve is a great way to get your foot in the door for the future.

Top Bottom