• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gjclark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't see a sticky or thread for this but if there is please point me in its direction. I think it would be good to compile a list of stores that people have had bad experiences in or stores that do not allow Open or Concealed Carry. We could just make the structure: City, Street, Store: Experience (ex. Fort Wayne, Coliseum Dr., ZX Guns: They told me my open carry was outdated and that I needed to by a new one...kidding of course). I just started carrying openly (and concealed actually) so I am curious to see what we can gather for Indiana.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Haven't been in any stores in the NE part of the state, but most stores have a "no loaded guns" sign on the door. I am of the belief that is directed toward those bringing in guns to sell or trade or have work done, not necessarily towards people carrying. However, I don't OC so I have never been told to leave a LGS for carrying.

ETA: not sure why I read the title as pertaining to gun shops.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Personally I don't care to know if someone has had a bad experience in a particular business front. (Unless it has been resolved favorably)

I give every business the benefit of the doubt. I treat them all as if they appreciate my business (money). Absent of pressure from "anti groups" most businesses don't care who enters their establishment.

I OC, we'll right now I am usually wearing a heavy coat, but when I take it off my weapon is visible. I never worry about entering and I very seldom have any confrontation. If I am accosted and asked to leave I comply and let them know that I will not come back and spend money. Afterward I confirm their policy with management or corporate headquarters. Most corporations have a policy of allowing whatever state law allows. They want your money.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Costco is anti-gun, but I haven't seen any signs (doesn't help that they have that giant door open in the middle of winter) and I don't' recall signing any contract when I joined, but then again i got my membership through work, so maybe it was in that. I CC'd in there my first time and didn't have an issue.

I emailed Glenbrook Mall once about it and received no response.

I just CC or semi-CC and don't worry about it.

Top Bottom