Northern Indiana Meet and Shoot feeler (Winamac FWA)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What day would you prefer

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Weather depending,....maybe. Don't care which day y'all choose but if the first few days of Sept are like August weather I'm a firm 'no'. If we get lucky and the first few days of Sept are autumn-like, I'm a 'yes',.....if I remember.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Well maybe I will let me wife think she wins dragging me to baileys…… when in reality tenderloin is on the menu kid friendly???

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I will try to be there, I'll be the guy in the green shooting coat with a match rifle....tell me about the range?

Anyone wanna get a 50/50 prone match organized? Shot on MR paper targets, 20 shots for record, no sighters 50% to the high score, 50% back to the INGO site.....any one up for it?

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I will try to be there, I'll be the guy in the green shooting coat with a match rifle....tell me about the range?

Anyone wanna get a 50/50 prone match organized? Shot on MR paper targets, 20 shots for record, no sighters 50% to the high score, 50% back to the INGO site.....any one up for it?
    Self-controlled
    25y rimfire & pistol bay
    50y, 100y, 200y bays - covered concrete, all with fixed wooden shooting benches, though there is some room between on the concrete.
    The 200y bay is small, one station. It might be possible to get 4 shooters prone.
    50y & 100y have 5 & 4 stations respectively.

I'd be interested in an impromptu match. I'm not sure there's a lot of rifle enthusiasts in the group, and no highpower shooters that I'm aware of. Maybe donate that half to the plywood backer fund.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland

A picture is worth a thousand words. All distances look like this from another thread. Just don't let the RO see you with
    a holstered gun.

1690559647547.png

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Self-controlled
    25y rimfire & pistol bay
    50y, 100y, 200y bays - covered concrete, all with fixed wooden shooting benches, though there is some room between on the concrete.
    The 200y bay is small, one station. It might be possible to get 4 shooters prone.
    50y & 100y have 5 & 4 stations respectively.

I'd be interested in an impromptu match. I'm not sure there's a lot of rifle enthusiasts in the group, and no highpower shooters that I'm aware of. Maybe donate that half to the plywood backer fund.
    The longer the distance the better, but I'll shoot a "Hoosier Hundred " .... not many high power rifle guys and the few that are here, seem to think hitting paper plates at 50 yards off the bench is marksmanship...... get enough people to shoot an impromptu match and let me know I'll bring the targets.....

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I may have to bring my Pedersoli rolling block with a tang sight. Need to get more 45-70 ammo. Almost brought it last time.
    It hasn't been shot in a looong time. Guy I got it from told me what load it likes but it can't be found anywhere. He moved up
    to a Shiloh Sharps for matches.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Not a 100% I'll make it (more like 80% sure), but would definitely like to hang out at the 100 and especially the 200 yard ranges. I need more practice on 200+. Brought out a 7mm Rem Mag the day that picture was taken, and was not happy with my grouping at the 200 yds, but I was also rushing to get shots in as it was 5 minutes before the final ceasefire of the day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom