• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Does anyone have any time behind the E-Tip?
    What are your thoughts?
    Reloading this week for .243 with 90gr. Varget.

Will post Data when available.

when i was looking for a 243 bullet i considered the etip. ultimantly i went with the 95gr berger vld for the higher bc.

if you make it down i have a few 243 bullets for you to try

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Question: What are you using the .243 for?

That chambering is one that's so far eluded my shoulder...

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    For distace look for the bullets with the highest BC in the weight you want to use. They should perform better out past 100 yards. I use the Berger VLD in my 7mm Rem Mag, they are excellent bullets.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    For distace look for the bullets with the highest BC in the weight you want to use. They should perform better out past 100 yards. I use the Berger VLD in my 7mm Rem Mag, they are excellent bullets.

do you use the hunting or the target vld or have you tried both. im curious as to the accuracy or ballistic diffrence between the 2

Kimber7man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lawrence
    Right now Shooter's Pro Shop has the 25 cal 100 grain e-tips on sale for $12/50 for their factory seconds. Realize they're not the .243 but thought I'd pass the info along.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    do you use the hunting or the target vld or have you tried both. im curious as to the accuracy or ballistic diffrence between the 2
    I am not sure exactly. They are hollow point bullets. The box just says that they are 168 gr. match grade vld bullets. Both bullets have the same BC, so I don't think there would be much difference in performance as far as accuracy goes.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I am not sure exactly. They are hollow point bullets. The box just says that they are 168 gr. match grade vld bullets. Both bullets have the same BC, so I don't think there would be much difference in performance as far as accuracy goes.

ive been buying the hunting bullets because they are susposto be better for hunting. the bc is the same. the sectional density is the same. i cant find a diffrence besides the box it comes in. just curious if you had found a diffrence. the only thing i can think of is the bullet length or ogive being diffrent:dunno:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    ive been buying the hunting bullets because they are susposto be better for hunting. the bc is the same. the sectional density is the same. i cant find a diffrence besides the box it comes in. just curious if you had found a diffrence. the only thing i can think of is the bullet length or ogive being diffrent:dunno:
    I can't imagine there is much difference in the bullets seeing as the BC for both is the same. They don't give much information on their website either. The box I bought says excellent for target shooting, recommended for hunting. I will have to look when I get ready to buy more and see if there is a discernible difference.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I can't imagine there is much difference in the bullets seeing as the BC for both is the same. They don't give much information on their website either. The box I bought says excellent for target shooting, recommended for hunting. I will have to look when I get ready to buy more and see if there is a discernible difference.

they usto come in the same box. not the hunting box is orange

Top Bottom