• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    So I'm in my bud's gun stand for 3.5hrs. See a truck drive to the house out in the field, and leave.
    Later is comes up from the backside of the field, along our wood's edge. He's maybe 80 yards from me, cruising right along the edge....then he beeps the horn, drives to the road (where our truck is) and beeps the horn some more.

It's 10 am.

Beyond livid I am.

I climb down and go to field edge as truck is coming back. See two dudes inside (I hunt with single shot).
    Walk to it, it stops and I see my cuz in the pass seat. He tells me they are going to fetch a doe the guy shot (supposedly with bow).

Across the field a doe comes (picked beans) and I tell the driver to take his truck back to the road..........deer will see it and stay below lip, angle to our woods. I'm prone.............let the truck draw their attention......as it moves away (lessening threat- staying visible). Should be a decent diversion.

The Mofo stops 50 yards back.

Are you friggin kidding me?

I know who owns the house, the shot is safe but I don't like it. It's not "polite". They might be watching.
    Dunno if watching the buck fall over would honk them off or not, but with an angle or distance change it would be less visible to any possible complainers (no problems in the past, but err on the side of polite).

Deer go right back the way they came.

So dipstick and cuz go to fetch the doe.

Later, after butthead is gone, cuz does a one man drive through thicket (nothing) and comes to the stand I had climbed back in.
    Tells me the dude said he heard no shots that morning. We heard two close ones.

Needed help getting doe in truck? He had a buck in there already.

Doesn't add up.

Suspect no permission, or if permission, a felon. Had crap bow in back. Not hearing those shots? That's a lie.
    He did drive to the house to probably get permission to fetch earlier.

So I'm thinking had permission to hunt....but is a felon.....that used a gun.

Supposedly told name and where worked to my cuz, but couldn't find anything on FB.

All I know is that he better not do that again.

Could be legit and just very stupid/rude/clueless..............but I think he wanted the critters out, to self check..........claim bow and used gun. Did not field dress doe. Buck? I didn't look at it close enough.

CO will be on speed dial.

Who the hell drives along a place where others are hunting in prime time asking for help, to load a deer............when they have a deer already in the truck?
    Buy a sheet of plywood or ATV ramps.

Failure to plan ahead, or popping your back.............is no excuse for such rude behavior.

I was shaking I was so mad.

Cuz says the guy is just stupid.

Well he works at ITP 1 supposedly. That would verify it.

I'm guessing self check, register bowkills, used gun (shots we heard).
    Let the CO talk to him from now on.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Never underestimate the level of stupid which can magically appear during deer season, particularly the opener of gun season.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Since he has bucked out, we know his truck..........if he was smart (and he isn't)........he'd stay the hell away.
    If not, CO can run the drill, see if he is a felon hunting with guns.
    And slap him with trespass/hunter harassment.
    Maybe just clueless/selfish.........but he burned all favors today.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Since he has bucked out, we know his truck..........if he was smart (and he isn't)........he'd stay the hell away.
    If not, CO can run the drill, see if he is a felon hunting with guns.
    And slap him with trespass/hunter harassment.
    Maybe just clueless/selfish.........but he burned all favors today.
    It likely isn't illegal under Indiana law for him to be a felon with a long gun unless he is SVF. Good luck getting the feds to do anything.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Good thing the moron screwed up my blasting only a 100-110" buck.
    Bigger and it'd have turned ugly.
    Still..............what kind of friggin idiot drives along another person's spot at 10am beepin' the horn?
    Emergency? OK
    Load your damn doe? No way.

Yrs ago my Jeep was not 4wd and I shot one in wet weather, could not risk going down into the low area to get it (never get back up hill). Back was jacked too.

So I drove around to neighbors, borrowed one of her kids (12 yr old) and had him help for 5 mins.
    CJ5 no tailgate. Just needed an extra hand.

The deal was $10. I gave him $20.

Cool kid.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    This is why I really don't like to hunt on public land. You never know just how stupid people can be....

Private land. Nothing but private land all around. Dipstick hunting 2 farms over (small farms but not right along side our spot).
    I hunted 160 acres private yrs ago, had way more problems there than public land.
    After a while the BS stopped.........but I was shot at, had one poacher try to run my truck off the road.
    I was young and gung ho then.
    Doubt I have the sense of humor to tolerate such nonsense these days.

Top Bottom