• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    Took my Brolin pro-comp out and shot it today. If you believe what little you can find on them on the internet you may miss out on a very nice pistol. Don't know if it was just the low end ones that had QC issues or the ones toward the end of production. The one I bought was early production #150 and was virtually new in the box. Mine is as tightly fitted as my Gold Cup, comparable in accuracy, has less recoil, and was less than half the price. Put 50 rounds through it with no failure to feed or eject issues.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It wasn't just QC issues, it was HOW they were fitted. They made them ride the lower lugs hard, trying to shove the barrel up into the slide lugs to get "accuracy". I've actually seen quite a few of them turn up from time to time at our range in the years there. A few were really great, most others, no so much. Unfortunately, the one guy that let us examine his "good" one was beginning to get barrel lug peening, bent lower lugs and a severely "chapped" looking slide lock.

That being said, I think yours should be fine if there is no inordinate wear and it has had some rounds fired. You're right, most companies (with the exception of Ruger, lol), their early models are usually great guns, they slide down hill after that point.

Nice Brolin too!

Top Bottom