• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    Thanks for all the tips for my m&P dilema. I got some snap caps and dry fired. And confirmed Im pulling it to the right when the trigger breaks. I guess itll take more trigger time to get used to the m&p series of triggers. Ive tried all 3 backstaps and its the same thing. Any tips on learning the trigger. Thanks again and have a great day.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Right now it is more of mental training and building muscle memory... Dry fire and just try to do it slowly and smoothly concentrating most on doing it correctly each time. Maybe just 5 or 10 minutes a day and within little of no time you'll see a difference. single-hand shooting is important but often neglected...I've had to come to the realization that is one of my weakest skills and I try to dry fire and also work on my grip strength, too. Let us now how things progress!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    How much of your finger are you using on the trigger? If you're "wrapped around" the trigger that could explain you pulling to the right. I have that problem sometimes, but most noticibly when I shoot one handed.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I'm not a 2" shooter @ 25yds offhand, but can hit thr torso 10 out of 10, however, when I started, 25 yds was a joke, I couldn't even hit the plywood!

Practice that is working for me:
    Dry fire SA & DA (pending firearm of course). Focus on light switch or similar & watch for sight alignment failure.
    Dry fire w/ holster draw, similar to above.
    Load snap caps, randomly in diff. Mags, mix up mags, start firing & watch for sight alignment failures. Keep telling myself the next is a snap cap.

Working for me thus far.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    For my M&Ps I find that I need to use the last 3rd of the fingertip to be reasonably consistent. This is even more so on the new Shield as it has a heavier trigger than my Pro or the 9c and will pull right on the break if I don't have correct finger positioning.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Thanks for all the tips for my m&P dilema. I got some snap caps and dry fired. And confirmed Im pulling it to the right when the trigger breaks. I guess itll take more trigger time to get used to the m&p series of triggers. Ive tried all 3 backstaps and its the same thing. Any tips on learning the trigger. Thanks again and have a great day.

Also, check your sights, especially the rear one. I was shooting right, thought it was all my trigger pull, but when i looked closely at it, I realized the rear sight was offset far to the right of center. I moved it back to Center, and it's dead on now.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    target.jpg

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    practice, practice, practice. Dry firing will fix most shooting problems. A good drill is the dime drill. Try getting a dime and placing it on your front sight, squuuuueeeeeeeezing the trigger until it breaks trying not to knock off the dime. After you've got that done you can move up to a penny/knickel/quarter or whatever coin that has a bigger surface area.

Top Bottom