Not happy with Glock Gen4 texturing, options?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    So I recently acquired a Gen 4 Glock 17 and I took it out to the range this weekend. I was not happy at all with the texturing they put on the frame, I found it to be way too aggressive for my liking. After about 50 rounds I was done shooting it because it felt like it was tearing up my hands. I have a Gen 3 Glock 17 that I have no problems with at all shooting for long periods of time. So my question is this, if I want to keep the Gen4, what are my options? I've looked at some grip tape and decal grips on Brownells but I was wanting to hear other people's experiences with these. How rough is the texture on these? Are they worth the money or should I just cut my losses and sell the Gen4 and get a Gen3? Thanks in advance!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The rubberized Talon grip tape might be an option. I have shot an M&P with it on the gun. It's tacky but not as rough as the sandpaper like grip tape. It also wouldn't make the grip and larger like a Houge slip on would, if that is a concern for you.

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    I'll take it off your hands for $50, just kidding. I would go with rubber if the grip is to aggressive for you.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    That's also a reasonable option. OP have you tried the Gen 3's? If not, you should. The light rail is the biggest difference between the Gen 4 & 3...the latter not having one.

Yes I have a Gen 3 G17 as I stated in my original post...that being said it has a light rail. The Gen 2 and Gen 1's did not have an accessory rail but Gen 3 and Gen 4 do.

Top Bottom