Not new to guns, but new to gun ownership.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nleachma

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2023
    Marion County
    Hey y’all. Grew up interested in firearms living in an anti-gun house. Living on my own now, and trying to understand how being 20 makes me old enough own a pistol, but not old enough to build one or buy one through public sale. I couldn’t even buy an ar15 lower receiver simply bc it “could” become a pistol. I guess that’s what you get when gun laws are made by people who don’t own them. Loyal SW owner and current M&P 9c owner looking for private sales or trades for a nicer 686 (in .357) or SW1911.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Hey y’all. Grew up interested in firearms living in an anti-gun house. Living on my own now, and trying to understand how being 20 makes me old enough own a pistol, but not old enough to build one or buy one through public sale. I couldn’t even buy an ar15 lower receiver simply bc it “could” become a pistol. I guess that’s what you get when gun laws are made by people who don’t own them. Loyal SW owner and current M&P 9c owner looking for private sales or trades for a nicer 686 (in .357) or SW1911.
    Welcome….

Your post should bring allot of responses.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello and welcome to INGO. We're a discussion forum with a classifieds section; period, dot, end of statement.

When a first post includes specifics on private sales, flags go up as you can tell by some of the posts in this thread.

Rules for the site and the classifieds are in my signature line.

Also in my sig line, "Come for the classifieds, stay for the discussion"

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    O.k. buckle up.
    First, welcome.
    We genuinely enjoy new people joining the site.

That said, we get, as a rule, two types of people who join this site.
    We get folks who are new to gun ownership, like you, and are here looking for knowledge and commraderie with like minded people.

Then we also get people who come here for the sole purpose of using the classifieds section and have no intention of participating in the forum.

These are generalizations of course, but you get the picture.
    When someone posts an introduction talking about looking for deals, well, we tend to think the worst.

This is an amazing site, chocked full of all kinds of information on firearms, and gardening, and automotive work.
    Need I.T. help, just ask.
    Someone here can probably walk you through the problem.
    Want to talk fly fishing, or hand loading?
    What about international travel?

I'm not joking.
    Settle in.
    Participate. You'll learn most everything you need to know about your firearm, or one you're looking at, before you even lay hands on it.

On the other hand, if all your want to do is use the classifieds, try GunBroker or Armslist.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    O.k. buckle up.
    First, welcome.

We get folks who are new to gun ownership, like you, and are here looking for knowledge and commraderie with like minded people.

Then we also get people who come here for the sole purpose of using the classifieds section and have no intention of participating in the forum.

When someone posts an introduction talking about looking for deals, well, we tend to think the worst.

This is an amazing site, chocked full of all kinds of information on firearms, and gardening, and automotive work.

I'm not joking.
    Settle in.
    Participate. You'll learn most everything you need to know about your firearm, or one you're looking at, before you even lay hands on it.

On the other hand, if all your want to do is use the classifieds, try GunBroker or Armslist.

What he said.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    O.k. buckle up.
    First, welcome.

I'm not joking.
    Settle in.

This should be in a sticky

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    O.k. buckle up.
    First, welcome.

I'm not joking.
    Settle in.

This. Welcome. You will learn a lot here.

Bear in mind the site is watched closely by mods and members alike who will report broken rules. So it’s REALLY. Hard to skirt the rules.

So with that said, welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and learn a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom