• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    personally i prefer the 40 round over the 9mm because, well....I enjoy shooting it more. That is that. I have a 9mm, and dont feel undergunned carrying it, but the 40, something about it...its just my preference.

That's it!
    With the right ammunition, i.e., ammo that passes muster in terminal ballistics, there really is no appreciable difference among the 9mm, .40, and .45--when all pertinent factors are considered.

hillnc01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    FT. Wayne
    Thanks for all the great advice guys. I think that I will go with the 9mm for now just for the cost effectiveness. I already own a .45 Ruger P97 and a 9mm LC9. I feel much better when stocking up on ammo for the 9 vs. the 45. But I'm sure by the end of the year I'll have a .40 of some kind.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks for all the great advice guys. I think that I will go with the 9mm for now just for the cost effectiveness. I already own a .45 Ruger P97 and a 9mm LC9. I feel much better when stocking up on ammo for the 9 vs. the 45. But I'm sure by the end of the year I'll have a .40 of some kind.

OK, now wait a minute! You didn't tell us you already had a 9 and a 45! :D

You should totally get the 40 cal, just for something different. ;)

hillnc01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    FT. Wayne
    OK, now wait a minute! You didn't tell us you already had a 9 and a 45! :D

You should totally get the 40 cal, just for something different. ;)

:D I did leave that part out!! Didn't want that to be the reason behind the purchase and figured if I said that everyone would say 40 cal. but everyone else that knows what I have says the same thing!!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    If you don't have multiple guns and you have a full sized. I'd just get the same caliber as the full sized. More convenient. Myself though. I'd go for the .40.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    great choice....I own weapons in all the three big calibers......but for a carry weapon you want something you can practice with a lot and 9mm is mucher cheaper to do that with.....and personally, I have much faster target acquisition between shots with 9 than the .40 due to it's "snappiness" or higher muzzle climb...but they're all good calibers....

NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Here we go again!! :popcorn:

another 9 vs 40 thread.

If you dislike recoil of a 40 then reload them and make them lightweights. but have the factory 40's in for protection.. If your life or a loved one's life is in jeopardy, you are NOT going to notice the recoil from the factory 40 ammo...

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    If you dislike recoil of a 40 then reload them and make them lightweights. but have the factory 40's in for protection.. If your life or a loved one's life is in jeopardy, you are NOT going to notice the recoil from the factory 40 ammo...

Or just buy a 9mm. :dunno:

NolanKeith

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    9mm all the way...better placement for me. Both are fun to shoot but when I shoot a compact .40 I'm on the paper but not as tight

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought my first .40 cal today. I have never even fired one before. But since I have my 9mm and my .45 cal, I thought I would try something different. It has to have some positive attributes since so many people carry that round.

Vv

Top Bottom