• ...and so much more!
  • Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Bought a Magpul sling anchor. "I need to see your ID." Me "Why?"
    Cashier "It's a GUN part!" Me"(Sigh) No, not really. Can you attach it to a firearm? Yes but you can do the same with a Hello Kitty sticker. Would you require ID for one of those?"

Cashier "(Blank look) I need to see your ID."
    If I hadn't driven all the way across town I would have left the item there and walked out. It was the last time I ever walk out of an Academy.

MH

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Cashier "It's a GUN part!" Me"(Sigh) No, not really. Can you attach it to a firearm? Yes but you can do the same with a Hello Kitty sticker. Would you require ID for one of those?"

If I hadn't driven all the way across town I would have left the item there and walked out. It was the last time I ever walk out of an Academy.

MH
    I'd have left minus one sling anchor and plus one brand spaking new Hello Kitty sticker.

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    What do they do with the info ? Do they just look at the I.D to confirm the buyer is an adult, or do they scan it and it goes into some sort of "marketing" file ?

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville

DoingHisJob.jpg

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    What do they do with the info ? Do they just look at the I.D to confirm the buyer is an adult, or do they scan it and it goes into some sort of "marketing" file ?
    I believe that they use your data for multiple purposes and its policy. So even if you are paying with cash, they can link an identity to each item.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    awuXjKr.jpg

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Was there this past Sunday. Saw a guy ask to see a shotgun that was in the display case. Guy had to hand over his ID before they let him touch the gun. Just another big box store that sells guns/ammo as a sideline.
    While I don't fundamentally agree with it, I can understand the mentality behind that. Every day, we see vids of theft from big stores by organized vandals. Imagine a customer who asks to see a gun, then bolts for the door and a waiting getaway car. Who's gonna give chase? Not employees. Frankly, I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened already.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While I don't fundamentally agree with it, I can understand the mentality behind that. Every day, we see vids of theft from big stores by organized vandals. Imagine a customer who asks to see a gun, then bolts for the door and a waiting getaway car. Who's gonna give chase? Not employees. Frankly, I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened already.
    As long as they are just keeping it in their hand, I’m ok with it too. It’s when crap gets recorded unnecessarily that I have a beef.

And they are SELLING your info. So it’s about money, not safety. The president of Vizio said they they couldn’t sell their smart tvs as cheap as they do without collecting your usage metrics. As I recall he spitballed a number around $200 higher if they didn’t collect and sell your info.

Top Bottom