• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    I bought a 1911 about a month and a half ago. She is a Taurus PT1911. Not the highest priced lady on the block but very attractive.

Because of a bunch of factors I hadn't gotten around to trying her out until today. I had always wondered what the big deal was about 1911's. Today opened my eyes.

With the first trigger pull I was immensely surprised. I have been shooting a Glock for a number of years. Comparatively you have to really pull on the Glock trigger to fire. With the 1911, just a VERY light pull and BANG. And I mean a very very very light pull. Can you say hair trigger?

The recoil from that 45 was comparable to the 40 cal Glocks. So I was on target quickly. Ran through two mags with all hits at 25 yards within 8 inches of each other.

Final analysis: The 1911 is ball to shoot. Be very gentle with her and she will light up the range.
    :cool:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    19713-1366x768.jpg

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I know the feeling it's hard to put in words the feeling when you pull the trigger makes me want to go to the range

barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    I bought a 1911 about a month and a half ago. She is a Taurus PT1911. Not the highest priced lady on the block but very attractive.

Because of a bunch of factors I hadn't gotten around to trying her out until today. I had always wondered what the big deal was about 1911's. Today opened my eyes.

With the first trigger pull I was immensely surprised. I have been shooting a Glock for a number of years. Comparatively you have to really pull on the Glock trigger to fire. With the 1911, just a VERY light pull and BANG. And I mean a very very very light pull. Can you say hair trigger?

The recoil from that 45 was comparable to the 40 cal Glocks. So I was on target quickly. Ran through two mags with all hits at 25 yards within 8 inches of each other.

Final analysis: The 1911 is ball to shoot. Be very gentle with her and she will light up the range.

Just curious, why is a handgun referred to as lady, she, or her? I had no idea that there was gender involved.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    That awkward quote did make me LOL. Thanks for that. To the OP, congratulations. There ARE tons of variants to try, but do try to control yourself. :) Next thing you know, you'll be trying to work your way up through a competition with something the cost of a small car in your hands...

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN

Hooked and with Taurus version no less... You'd really be amazed with Remington 1911r1 or any custom.

rlett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    I bought a Colt Gold Cup awhile back. She is a shooter and in the hands of someone with better eyes than me she is very accurate.

Top Bottom