• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    1911's are quite addictive!

Be warned though... Just like any addiction, the 'FIX' gets harder and harder.

First it is a Taraus.
    Then maybe something simple like new grips or sights.
    Then it is a Springfield Armory.
    Then a SA TRP with a light rail.
    Then you will need an Ed Brown.
    Maybe something from Wilson.
    Then you will just have to spend a year or so waiting for someone to custom make one to your specs.

I am not sure what comes after that. Maybe a kiddie pool filled with 1911's that you can dive into...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I bought a Colt Gold Cup awhile back. She is a shooter and in the hands of someone with better eyes than me she is very accurate.
    rlett, I have 2 words for you, Crimson Trace.. You would be amazed how much better you shoot when focusing on the red dot on the target rather than the front sight.. At least that's the case for me. I see two front sights but only one red dot. :D
    As for the trigger, nothing is like a 1911 trigger. A soso one is better than almost any other pistol. Although after shooting a Glock quite a lot with a great trigger I almost prefer shooting the Glock to my 1911. OR it could be that I'm just being materialistic and thinking about the difference in price between the 9MM ammo VS the 45:dunno:

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Hooked and with Taurus version no less... You'd really be amazed with Remington 1911r1 or any custom.

Makes me wonder if you have shot a Taurus 1911 or held one, and why you seem to be critical of it. What prompted your comparison?

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    I about cried this week. Whittakers add popped up on my facebook with a bunch of Taurus x guns pt1911 for $429. they had 5 of them in the pic.
    x guns are their factory refurbished.

Top Bottom