Now I need another Garand. Operation Fudd-Wrecker.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    1st. one ordered from CMP Friday. Now for the wait. I have put this off for forty years, so a while longer won't hurt. May need something other than iron sights to accommodate my eyes, this sight could be a possibility. Now I'm on the look out for clips and ammo, or should I say less expensive ammo?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    1st. one ordered from CMP Friday. Now for the wait. I have put this off for forty years, so a while longer won't hurt. May need something other than iron sights to accommodate my eyes, this sight could be a possibility. Now I'm on the look out for clips and ammo, or should I say less expensive ammo?

This guy has LOTS of stuff for a good price. And he's a nice guy too. I ended up talking to him on the phone. I asked him a question via email, and that quick question about rear sights turned into a 30-45 minute conversation. (sight question answered in 5) Reminded me of an INGO classifieds transaction. :):

And speaking of cheap ammo, he also sells 5 and 2 round clips so you dont have to rattle of a full 8 to get that ping.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    This guy has LOTS of stuff for a good price. And he's a nice guy too. I ended up talking to him on the phone. I asked him a question via email, and that quick question about rear sights turned into a 30-45 minute conversation. (sight question answered in 5) Reminded me of an INGO classifieds transaction. :):

And speaking of cheap ammo, he also sells 5 and 2 round clips so you dont have to rattle of a full 8 to get that ping.

Cameramonkey- thanks for the reply, I will look him up

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I’ve tried to stay out of this one but…. I’m not sure what you’d call me, I don’t really like gun owners labeling each other derogatory names just because they have a different opinion over certain firearms but I can’t do much about that. I do own several M1s including a couple Ds. I think if you want to put a scope on one it can be done by building a Faux M1D with reproduction parts and scopes. Putting red dots and rails on an M1 just isn’t my thing.
    Same thing applies to the 1903/1903A3 in my book. If you want to scope one build a Faux A4 as there are parts out there to accomplish it without too much difficulty.
    But in the end it’s your rifle so you can do whatever floats your boat, as long as The Man doesn’t object.
    I might even have a D with an unmarked barrel that needs a mount and scope I’d be willing to swap for an IHC.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    In case anyone is interested, the racks at the north store (CMP store- Camp Perry) were a little lacking today when I was there.
    Were there any of the high priced IHC rifle varieties?

Or was it the usual beat up drill rifles and expensive scopeless snipers that have been there for years.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    To each his own, but spend the money and buy 2 Garands. Trust me, you can buy optics and gizmos later. USGI M1s are doing nothing but growing in value

WhiskE TangO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Bargersville
    Well, I am not even to step one yet "Acquire first Garand".... well I lie. Had one, needed to sell it off for some funds, and now am kicking myself to get another.

Top Bottom