• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    NPCCC will have an IDPA match Sunday 10/21. This month will have a dark house as part of the match.

Setup is Saturday starting at Noon. Big project to build the structure for the Match. Setup help will be needed to make it happen.

I don't normally shoot IDPA however, when the Dark House is up I'm game. :rockwoot:Its normally shot blind. No preview. Gotta love it.

Here is a link to the website. Scroll down for the upcoming matches:

North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton, Indiana

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    NPCCC will have an IDPA match Sunday 10/21. This month will have a dark house as part of the match.

Setup is Saturday starting at Noon. Big project to build the structure for the Match. Setup help will be needed to make it happen.

I don't normally shoot IDPA however, when the Dark House is up I'm game. :rockwoot:Its normally shot blind. No preview. Gotta love it.

Here is a link to the website. Scroll down for the upcoming matches:

North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton, Indiana

This is what Im thinking. If I remember correctly, the 2nd match I ever shot was an IDPA match and I havent shot one sense. Maybe Ill give it another go.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    If everything stays good on the homefront, I will be there with my buddy. Does any one know how many stages are planned? Also, does npccc have a BUG stage?

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    So I have been reviewing my rule book and Coming from uspsa, reloads look like they will be the hardest thing to overcome. From the reloads with retention, tactical reloads, only reloading behind cover.... I'm used to ONLY reloading while moving... hope I can forget everything I have learned pretty quickly...

I wonder if just shooting to slide lock every time might make this transition a bit easier? This way I can just drop my mags and go as usual... although, this also goes against every thing I have practiced....

What other USPSA shooters focus most on when when shooting IDPA rarely?

Last edited:

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    I don't worry too much about the rules. I follow them the best I can and concentrate on the shooting. I'll have some procedural penalties. Gun handling and safety will be the #1 priority.

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    What other USPSA shooters focus most on when when shooting IDPA rarely?

I rarely shoot IDPA too. The hardest thing for me is slowing down & not dropping too many points. In USPSA it's ok to shoot a fair amount of Charlies if your fast, but too many -1's or -3's in IDPA will kill your score. Just be deliberate with your shooting. Also, it's almost always faster to shoot to slide lock in IDPA vs. reloading with retention. IDPA is hard to game out since the stages descriptions are already determined how you will be shooting it. I like the dark house & blind stages. I always forget a target when shooting blind stages! :n00b:

tsalazar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    NWI
    IDPA match went great! There was a pretty good turn out. The dark house was really cool. I learned a lot about the sport and had a great time as well. And there was a bunch of helpful people out there giving my tips and whatnot. This was my first ever competition ever and it definitely won't be my last!

RePete68

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lowell, IN
    Fun match yesterday. Dark house was cool. I haven't shot IDPA or iron sights in about a year, so it took my a few stages to figure out how to line up those notch & post thingys. Still a great day with perfect weather. Here's my match.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr26ub3h9h4&feature=share&list=UU-xQuY7sxy-B1i8Dpn_Z9LA[/ame]

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Some one left behind a magazine loader at the dark house stage. We were the last ones to leave after shooting some trap. Please PM me to retrieve your property.

Top Bottom