• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Be advised, Tennessee is not as gun friendly as Indiana: URGENT REMINDER for those of you coming to Nashville for the NRA Convention | Guns, Cars, and Tech

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Wow, what BS: "Walk on one side of the street and you’re fine. Walk on the other and you’ve got a problem.". I probably won't carry at the show at all now.

I wonder if unloaded and locked in a separate car safe is OK if you're at the Yeager party having a brew? My hotel isn't too far from downtown though.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Wow, what BS: "Walk on one side of the street and you’re fine. Walk on the other and you’ve got a problem.". I probably won't carry at the show at all now.

I wonder if unloaded and locked in a separate car safe is OK if you're at the Yeager party having a brew? My hotel isn't too far from downtown though.

I will be in a company vehicle with 4 other co-workers, so I probably won't carry. Too much hassle if we decide to go to a restaurant with a vendor and then have to go back to the car to secure my firearm.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk

I second that . . . Local businesses still want my money, but they probably won't get as much of it as I originally thought. Utter BS.

Kirk: Thanks for posting that.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk: Thanks for posting that.

No problem. Just don't want to see INGOers in trouble. The Media thinks the South is more pro-gun than we are up here, but laws such as TN or NC or MD shows that to be ignorance in action.

Not everywhere is as cool with guns as Indiana. The South has all kinds of itchy projection issues about guns and booze.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    we got back, early.

overall the show kinda sucked, compare to Indy.

the venue is too small, and mfg's put out very little deals. the aisles are just too narrow for the amount of people.

parked at LP Field at 8:30, didn't get on the shuttle bus till 9:20.

It was way too crowded to our liking, kinda sicked bumping into people, we left at 12noon and waited another 20 minutes for the bus, plus 15 minutes ride to the parking.

The drive back to Indy sucked, too. took an hour to drive through downtown Louisville, lots of big rigs hogging the left lane. saw a head-on collision, ISP closed down the south bond I-65 complete. the traffic backed up for miles. the 1st time in my life saw people singing, playing guitar on top of their cars on the interstate.

Highlights: talked to the folks at Silencer Shop, I think I have an idea what my next can will be. Bought a double rifle bag and range bag from VooDoo @ 1/2 price. compared Vortex scopes with some big name counterparts. I couldn't tell the difference.

I didn't renew my NRA membership, won't do it till the next Indy show.

what's I was told, tomorrow will be like a zoo over there. Knob Creek ?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm having fun but am exhausted. I've been safety checking fireamrs for two days now. Lots and lots of walking.

I have met and talked to several "gun community celebrities". Probably my favorite was rounding a corner and running right into Jesse Duff. :grabass: I also ran into & spoke to Michelle Viscusi before the show opened.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Thankfully not in the market for a gun just yet, but other stuff... most definitely. I found the NRA 2015 app and it only showed a few vendors with any sort of show specials. I was hoping to hit Comp-Tac and a few other places and bring home some goodies but again, only about a handful of places showed show specials up for sale. I'll be a bit deflated to run down that way and come back empty handed.

I'm finding booths that have cards with promo codes printed on them. I want a Hogue grip for my BG38 but they're not selling at the show,, said they couldn't have the inventory here support the sales they'd get. But I got a code good for 10% off and free shipping. Also getting lots of SWAG, celebrity autographs and pictures with the celebrity plus got polled by NRA Publications. I'm having a great time

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I met Jerry Miculek and fam a couple times today & spoke with him a little about gripping a pistol. Now I need to go try it.

I also ran into Plinkster22. He was great & was passing out signed playing cards that he had shot in half to the kids.

I think the only person I really wanted to meet was Dana Loesch. I would have had to stay another couple hours to get her book signed. I just couldn't stay down there any longer. It was a long drive back with heavy traffic on I65N.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm finding booths that have cards with promo codes printed on them. I want a Hogue grip for my BG38 but they're not selling at the show,, said they couldn't have the inventory here support the sales they'd get. But I got a code good for 10% off and free shipping. Also getting lots of SWAG, celebrity autographs and pictures with the celebrity plus got polled by NRA Publications. I'm having a great time

:D was there Friday and had a spectacular time. Talked to Michelle Viscusi for a bit and bought several things... New fiber optic from HiViz a new belt and a ton of Glock stuff. The coolest moment is rounding the corner at the Comp-Tac booth and seeing Randi Rogers working the counter. She was easily the nicest and friendliest person we'd met in a room full of friendly people. Jenna Reeves sold me Xtreme bullets and was as nice as could be. All in all a fantastic time...can't wait until next year!

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Was not able to make this years Event. Can anyone give some insight on when and where the 2016 NRA National meeting will be held ? A search on the internet shows it being located in Louisville, KY ?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I ended up not going, but still got stuck on 65 northbound traffic yesterday for 3 hours in Tennessee from Nashville to milemarker 120ish

So....aggri.....vating......

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    I know it was in Louisville a few years back, how was it as a venue? I happened to be in town then but had been unaware it was going on until I was there and already had plans with my wife. I'd like to go to the next one there if the venue is ok. Would be my first visit to the NRA convention and I'd like to go to one before they come back to Indy.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I ended up not going, but still got stuck on 65 northbound traffic yesterday for 3 hours in Tennessee from Nashville to milemarker 120ish

So....aggri.....vating......

I had no idea at the time why Google maps told me to get off of I65N right out of Nashville. It sent me way out East then North back onto I65N. I stopped for gas and someone said the same thing. It took them 3 hours to get to that mile marker.

I'm glad I listened to my phone GPS for once.

Top Bottom