• ...and so much more!
  • DougO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Kokomo
    Kirk,
    Thanks for your insight on NFA Trusts, great to put a face to a name, sorry you had to come to the wonderful city of Kokomo for work ;-) . Alan from A&A Optics was selling glass like crazy. And I am trying to decide if I should go home in the morning or go back for a few more hours of RSOing at the Air Rifle Range.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Post up the coupons/discount codes for those of us that can't make it.

I'm interested in Apex Tactical and Comp-Tac.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Went today and had a good time. Parked downtown and rode the shuttle to avoid traffic. The exposition hall was extremely busy. Hard to walk around but not so bad that you couldn't see things.

I saw James Yeager, Rob Pincus and Lt Col Dave Grossman. I am a fan of 2 out of the 3. LOL

No pictures of booth babes. Sorry but my wife was with me. :rolleyes:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Friends and I went yesterday. Getting in was a pita. We, of course, took exit 132 as that's what the sign said> Mistake. Couldn't figure out why everyone was waiting in line. We turned left, went in gate 4...bypassed several hundred cars in line that way. Still sat in traffic inside the grounds a half hour to park. Loved the show. Really wish I had gone back today or tomorrow...but we're busy all weekend.

Spent a couple hundred at Adams Arms buying a steeply discounted piston kit for a AR. Should be a neat upfit. They seemed hungry. Seems like everyone doing piston AR retrofits are going out of business. Not sure why.

Anyway..took 2 hours to get from fair grounds to state line. Un-freakin believable. Worst traffic in 20 yrs I've sat in. Glad I was dehydrated!

Overall, 2014 vs 2016. Parking is MUCH better in Indy. FOOD is much better in Louisville! We get the food sorted out in INdy(let fundraisers come in like pork producers) and we'll be the BEST! Looking forward to 19. I'll be there for 2 days at least if at all possible.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk,
    Thanks for your insight on NFA Trusts, great to put a face to a name, sorry you had to come to the wonderful city of Kokomo for work ;-)

You are welcome. Each situation is different. Remember, a trust is a tool to solve a problem. If you don't have a problem, you don't need them. Just don't do something to do it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Overall, 2014 vs 2016. Parking is MUCH better in Indy. FOOD is much better in Louisville! We get the food sorted out in INdy(let fundraisers come in like pork producers) and we'll be the BEST! Looking forward to 19. I'll be there for 2 days at least if at all possible.

Yes, Louisville logistics stink on ice. So looking forward to being in the best city for the Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, in 2019.

Atlanta is a massive convention city, so it should be good. Dallas will be a nightmare. Ugh.

Indy food rocks. We have much, much better restaurants than anyone else and more variety.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is my first NRA Annual Conference and I am so, so pleased to have gone. If anyone is ever on the fence about going...GO!

I have loved even attending some local armory type shows, but this thing knocked me out. So much to see. Nearly every vendor I've ever searched the web for or researched was there. Some more impressive than expected and others disappointing but that's the beauty of the show.

I agree the the logistics were terrible. The interstate construction and bridge stuff is enough, but the fairgrounds did a horrific job with basic parking and traffic flow. I was on such a high that the traffic didn't even bother me.

Problem now is my list of wants grew exponentially. Overall I was so happy to attend and may travel further for the upcoming ones before Indianapolis again. I was proud to be part of the NRA and to see what was pulled together. Sorry I haven't gone previously.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    went with my pops. drove down friday night had RSVP at the days inn in clarksville, Indiana since it was a 1/3 of the price as everywhere else and I got frequent flyer points staying there. Well long story short we get there find out they over booked by 40+ rooms. Luckily they booked us at the Sheraton Riverside for the same price. Definitely an upgrade considering it was closer to the show and 320.00 per night compared to the 135 I payed.
    Woke up this morning and got to the Expo center around 8. Took about 10 min to park then made our way to hold a spot in line for when the doors opened. Seen all the booths I wanted too but could def go back another day if possible. No doubt prefer Indys show being its so centralized and around everything.
    As we were leaving Chris Kyles wife was at the Springfield Armory Booth for an auction of the #1 of 1000 Chris Kyle TRP specials. If I remember right it went for around 24K. Had a great time and even met Adam Vinatieri at the FN booth.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    anyone have any issues carrying at this event?

None. I had a full size 1911 in an OWB holster on my hip the entire day. I would recommend a cover garment but that is how I roll and a topic for a different thread. I saw a few people open carrying.

Take bottled water with you. $3.50 for a single unchilled water at the show.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    None. I had a full size 1911 in an OWB holster on my hip the entire day. I would recommend a cover garment but that is how I roll and a topic for a different thread. I saw a few people open carrying.

$3.50?!!!! Thanks for the headsup!!

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Just left the TK concert. It's been a good weekend.

Did he appear to be sober ? I really like Toby Keith but the last two times my wife and I went to his concert(s) at the Klipsch Music Center I'm pretty certain he was under the influence. He still put on a pretty good show and I like his old and new songs . . . . . but, just say'in. Glad you enjoyed the show.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

But, but, but ... all the anti-gunners keep telling me that guns are banned from the NRA convention.

Top Bottom