• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I saw Chuck Norris, Allen West, and John Lott.

I see in this thread that others saw Hickock 45, plus the politicians.

Anybody see anyone else notable?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Been at the show for about two hours now. I am very surprised that I've only seen two other people open carrying so far.

Got a description? I was OCing, as was my buddy Buckstopshere. I didn't wear a red polo, ended up with a purple polo instead.

Anyon make any purchases? I picked up a Geissle SSA-E trigger for $165 OTD. Cheapest I've ever seen it.

I was sporting a GOA shirt which received several compliments today.

Also threw down some money for the SAF, picked up a 2Amend mag and couldn’t pass up that sweet deal on the SSA-E. How to spend a Friday ignite, swapping triggers or e filing form 1’s?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Spent the afternoon at the show. It was busy, but you could get around okay.

Saw and talked to Alan Gottlieb at the SAF booth. The line to meet Chuck Norris looped around the entire Glock area, so I settled for a picture instead. Saw lots of nice goodies. For those considering the new Ruger Wrangler, I played with it. Nice heft, very solidly built and very smooth trigger. Looks like an excellent package for a $200 fun gun.

Had a great customer experience at the Crossbreed holster booth. The screw assembly on one side of my Supertuck came loose and fell out recently after about 4-5 years of use. Lost a couple of parts. I asked them if I could buy a replacement screw assembly and the rep went into their back room and got me a set for free. Rarely have need for customer service, but both Ruger and Crossbreed have done nicely for me.

For those going later this weekend, I recommend that you pre-plan your route through the exhibition hall. Get a map (from the web site or in the program at the convention center), consult the vendor listing and mark off which booths you are most interested in. Exploring the full hall is hard on the feet and this will make sure you can get the most out of it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Been at the show for about two hours now. I am very surprised that I've only seen two other people open carrying so far.
    I only saw two as well, and one was because I looked in the mirror! I was really surprised I didn't see more OC, not that it mattered.
    Don't know if you'd remember me from The Bedford Contingent, but I had on a green short sleeve shirt and was OCing a grey Sig.

It was my first show, and seemed really laid back, didn't have a lot of high pressure salesmen stopping you and people were generally very pleasant and crowd was manageable but definitely picked up by 11 or so.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I did spot an INGOer, Same general description as most of us. Wearing a black don’t tread on me Ingo shirt that I’ve never seen. / Confirmed the identity of the INGOer: Yamadog35

Very nice meeting you and Mrs. KellyinAvon. By the time I met Kelly I'd been walking so much I could barely stand.

I got to briefly meet John Lott and John Correia, the guy that does the "Active Self Protection" videos.

I might go back tomorrow if my legs feel better. Right now they say No!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Saw two cowboy action shooters both sporting revolvers, and saw one guy with one if those leather looking holsters they customize at the gun show but it looked like his gun was 2 inches from falling out.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I only saw two as well, and one was because I looked in the mirror! I was really surprised I didn't see more OC, not that it mattered.
    Don't know if you'd remember me from The Bedford Contingent, but I had on a green short sleeve shirt and was OCing a grey Sig.

It was my first show, and seemed really laid back, didn't have a lot of high pressure salesmen stopping you and people were generally very pleasant and crowd was manageable but definitely picked up by 11 or so.

Of course I'd remember you, we were line buddies. But alas, it wasn't you. One guy was looking petty haggard and carrying with some kind of cheap-o nylon cross draw set-up.

As for notables, I saw Rob Pincus on the street getting ready to ride one of the electric scooters, in a very nice suit I might add.

I saw Mr. Guns and Gear, Tom Gresham doing a video segment in the Ruger booth, and some YouTuber I recognized, but didn't know the name of. I also met Craig DeLuz who does a lot of work with Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) out in California. He hosts a show called "Coffee with Craig" that I like.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Very nice meeting you and Mrs. KellyinAvon. By the time I met Kelly I'd been walking so much I could barely stand.

I got to briefly meet John Lott and John Correia, the guy that does the "Active Self Protection" videos.

I might go back tomorrow if my legs feel better. Right now they say No!

John Corriea is one guy I really wanted to see today and am hoping I run into tomorrow. I don't know if he has scheduled appearances at certain places or if he's just hanging around at the show.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Jerry Miculek, Sooch, Hickock45, Chuck Norris and Chuck Liddell and was only there for 2 1/2 hours. Never preregistered and took me all of 10 secs to get my credentials. Walked straight in and bumped into Hickock45. Said hello and shook hands. Good start. Will be back Sat &/or Sun. Very well organized too I thought.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    John Corriea is one guy I really wanted to see today and am hoping I run into tomorrow. I don't know if he has scheduled appearances at certain places or if he's just hanging around at the show.

When I saw him he was just hanging around talking to a couple of floor walkers like me. As I was walking by he turned to go elsewhere and was right in front of me so I stuck my hand out and said I was a big fan of his videos. He was very gracious. He asked if I could think of anything he could do to improve the videos. We talked about the videos for just a minute or two.

I almost forgot about this notable encounter. I almost ran head-on into Trump Jr at the Remington booth. I just got done fondling a couple of 700 rifles and turned to go elsewhere. As I turned and took a step, Trump Jr and his entourage came around the corner at a brisk pace to get to an appearance in the Remington area. We almost bumped noses. I'm sure I had a stupid surprised look on my face. He just paused, smiled, side-stepped me and moved on barely missing a beat. I'm sure he's used to it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Trump was awesome as always. So was Pence.
    Saw some jackwad throw what looked to be like money up at the stage first and then maybe a cell phone at the President. Too bad that ****er wasn't standing next to me, i would have kicked the commie out of him. I got video of them taking his ass out.
    uTr8Djg.jpg

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Wore my tan INGO hat all day.
    No responses except a guy who hasn't been on for years.
    Got my Buck knives signed by CJ
    Made it around the corner and got a couple of Kabars
    It was a good day.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just got back myself. Lots of free swag. Bought nra shirts for the whole family. Got a tactical rifle case, a boker knife, some anodized blue ar mags for my daughters rifle, picked up a laser etched (hillary behind bars) pmag, and some other miscellaneous stuff. Seen Chuck Norris but wasnt waiting in the extremely long line to get an autograph. I didnt see a lot of ocing either. I ocd my ruger Sr1911 however.
    My legs are now like jello. 5 hours in the car and 7 hours walking around.
    Had a great time though! Now its time for some Yuengling

Edit: I did get to meet 1 Ingo member today...dubsac. Talked for a minute or so. Always nice to meet a fellow INGOer

Last edited:
    Top Bottom